🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Studio unable to open InDesign file
Page options
745885f3
Community Member

Studio unable to open InDesign file

Unable to open the file.  Created by a newer version of Adobe InDesign...

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Studio unable to open InDesign file. Unable to open the file. Created by a newer version of Adobe InDesign.."

I can assure you that this is not an Upwork question.

Is there a reason that you posted this question in the Upwork Community Forum?

Instead of posting your question on an Adobe website?

Hi Preston,

You were right:  I mistakenly posted here when I was suppose to post my question on SDL rados forum. However, someone here was kind enough to give me the answer I was looking for.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Helene,

See if this fixes the issue:

It is possible that you are unable to open an InDesign file because it was created by a newer version of Adobe InDesign than what you have installed on your computer. To fix this issue, you need to upgrade your version of Adobe InDesign to the latest version available. Additionally, you may be able to download a compatible plug-in or extension for your current version of InDesign so that you can successfully open the file. If neither of these solutions work, then contact Adobe or the designer who created the file and get further assistance. Have a great day!

She wants to open her file in Studio, not in InDesign.

sofia2008
Community Member

Ask your client if he can save his file in an older version.

ArjayM

Hi Helene,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. Could you please confirm where you're trying to access these files on your Upwork account? This way we can take a closer look at the page and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
celgins
Community Member

Helene,

As Sophie pointed out, if you are attempting to open an IDML file in Studio, it is all about compatibility. Since this is an Adobe Indesign IDML file, which is a package, it likely has an INDD file within that is incompatible with Studio.

In Studio, there is an option to "Process unsupported file versions" when you are creating your project. I would first try to check that block and try to open the IDML file. If that does not work, you may have to look at the origin of the IDML file and how it was packaged in InDesign.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members