lairdpeter424

Sub contracted work?

Job 1

A job was posted by a client, I wasn't interested on sent a proposal but i did read the ad through it was quite specific.

Job 2

A week later an interesting job came up, so i submitted a proposal, I was invited to interview, within a few minutes the 'client' sent me some examples and asked if i was interested.

The interesting part is that the task wasn't as advertised but the task was a rehashed version of Job 1 under a different guise, is this legit?

Pete

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r

If hourly: NO!

If fixed rate: Only with the client's permission. Personally I think it is a deplorable practice and should be forbidden as it used to be on oDesk.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@Petra R wrote:

If hourly: NO!

If fixed rate: Only with the client's permission. Personally I think it is a deplorable practice and should be forbidden as it used to be on oDesk.

I have given up to report my favorite 50+ languages translation agency for this. Alone in March they have started two new hourly contracts that cover more than one language, besides the fact that there are only two people inside this agency who "speak" those 50+ languages. Woman Indifferent