🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Subject payment
Page options
horska_natasha
Community Member

Subject payment

Hello ! The client paid the first part of the work, now the money (pending)! He opened the next milestone, but today I decided not to work with him, and he closed the contract and demanded a refund! I can not understand what kind of money I must return, if at the close of the contract he will be returned the money! Or does he want to take the money for the first stage, which I am waiting for? Help me understand this .... please

I am new therefore I haven't quite figured it out yet ! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Natasha H wrote:

Amount in Escrow $ 250.00 (Return requested)
Amount Paid $ 300.00
Amount Agreed $ 500.00
Why I do not see this amount (which is in escrow) in my report?

Just approve the request you had.

The second milestone was funded.

"Amount in Escrow $ 250.00 (Return requested)"

So the client wants those $ 250 back from Escrow. Simply approve the request!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Natasha H wrote:

He opened the next milestone, but today I decided not to work with him, and he closed the contract and demanded a refund!

He wants the funds for the second milestone which are in escrow.

Ie I do not see this money? And he will not take money from me which is now in the waiting part for the first part?
I don't quite understand the escrow

You see it on the contract where it will say "return requested"

I worry that now I will return the money for the first stage, which stand in expectation

This stage was not released, the money was in the working process, and when I closed the contract, I understand that they returned to him automatically

Natasha H wrote:

This stage was not released, the money was in the working process, and when I closed the contract, I understand that they returned to him automatically

You now say you ended the contract?

In your first post you said the client did!

Natasha H wrote earlier:

......and he closed the contract...

When the client closes the contract, it triggers a request to return the funds in Escrow which you can either approve or dispute.

If the request has options to either agree or dispute, the money in question is the money in Escrow, not the money that was released.

Natasha, this link to "escrow" within Help and Support should assist you in understanding various situations regarding escrow.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=escrow

I wrote incorrectly ! The client has closed the contract! We were on the second milestone and the money was on stage work in progress ! 

I only have the amount waiting for the first stage!
I received a letter in the mail:
Contract details
Amount Paid $ 300.00
Amount Agreed $ 500.00

This stage was not released, the money was in the working process, and when he closed the contract, I understand that they returned to him automatically ! Or at the time of closing the money is on some other account? which I do not see
In general, I do not understand how I should return the money to him from the second milestone if they did not enter! Or what should I do?
Or they return to him automatically?

Natasha H wrote:

Amount Paid $ 300.00
Amount Agreed $ 500.00

Just approve the request you had.

The second milestone was funded.

"Amount in Escrow $ 250.00 (Return requested)"

So the client wants those $ 250 back from Escrow. Simply approve the request!

Thank you )

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths