🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Submit proposals (Job no longer available...
Page options
amin_raiyani
Community Member

Submit proposals (Job no longer available)

Hello,
I found one job as per my skills and I am trying to submit it but when I click on Submit proposal it's through error page (Job is no longer available). But when I open Job with this url or refresh page job is available there.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

So, I am just worried why I am not able to submit.

Please help me.
Thanks
Amin

4 REPLIES 4
jamesheil
Community Member

I don't believe that Upwork is honest about ANY of their posts! I think that they are scamming their client's with respect to current employment opportunities. I am a 45 year veteran of Radio Broadcasting and a professional announcer and audio producer, freelancing from my own professional grade studio. I've been with upwork for nearly a year now and have NEVER secured a client. Next day notices that the jobs I had auditioned for were closed and no longer available are standard for this site. There is NO WAY that a professional of my abilities has not had a single hit after nearly 150 submissions! I spend the money but upwork has not delivered. I'm getting solid client's from everywhere else out there, EXCEPT from upwork. I'm through with this nasty little rip off site. It was worth a shot but I've wised up and in the future will stick with what actually works and from sites that are genuine. DONE....

James H wrote:

I don't believe that Upwork is honest about ANY of their posts! I think that they are scamming their client's with respect to current employment opportunities. I am a 45 year veteran of Radio Broadcasting and a professional announcer and audio producer, freelancing from my own professional grade studio. I've been with upwork for nearly a year now and have NEVER secured a client. Next day notices that the jobs I had auditioned for were closed and no longer available are standard for this site. There is NO WAY that a professional of my abilities has not had a single hit after nearly 150 submissions! I spend the money but upwork has not delivered. I'm getting solid client's from everywhere else out there, EXCEPT from upwork. I'm through with this nasty little rip off site. It was worth a shot but I've wised up and in the future will stick with what actually works and from sites that are genuine. DONE....

Rant over?

James:

I believe everything you said on your post that was a firsthand experience.

I am sorry to hear that your experience using Upwork has been disappointing.

But the conclusions that you drew from your experiences are factually incorrect.

Upwork is not a “rip off” site. It is not scamming freelancers with fake job posts.

It is quite possible that Upwork truly isn’t working out for your job niche, or for your job niche/pay rate combination.

But Upwork is a legitimate site. It is what it says that it is. You may click on my name or the names of other Forum participants to view our profile pages. You will be able to see that real users use Upwork successfully. Are any of us, who are Forum regulars, in your niche? No. We may not be able to directly address your situation. But there are freelancers in your niche who are successful. You may do a search for those. Perhaps they are doing something different that you could utilize. Or perhaps they have the market tied up and aren’t letting newcomers succeed. I really don’t know.

LuiggiR

Hi Amin,

That error will show when, due to some issues with the client's account, the job is currently not available for proposals. I understand, however, that seeing that error as well as that job in search may be confusing and I'll share it with the team as feedback.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths