🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 'Submit work for payment not available.'
Page options
f85cfaba
Community Member

'Submit work for payment not available.'

As title says, FAQ page suggests I must go to My Jobs dashboard and the click on Submit work for payment. But none of options appear to me. I've ended the contract and feedbacked it as a successful ended job. How can I get this money on my balance? 

3 REPLIES 3
vboikova
Community Member

Hi John,

It sounds like you've ended the contract before submitting work through the milestone, and maybe used PMs or some other way to send the client your work? You should have submitted the work on the contract milestone first for the client to approve & release the funds before closing it, since any other method does not guarantee you will automatically get paid, unless they've specifically approved the work on their end & set the contract to approved also before it was closed. You cannot do that on your end, the client needs to approve the work in order for the funds to be released. After that is done, there is a security period of about 2 weeks that needs to pass, and after that the funds will appear in your balance. Check your 'pending' tab in Reports.

Also note that you cannot submit work on a closed contract. Closing the contract is the last step after you've submitted all work & completed all milestones, the funds have been released & you've communicated with your client that the job is done & there's nothing left to do, except wait for the security period to clear.

be7790e9
Community Member

yesterday my old client create a project and sent invition to me and i accept it so i did finish my work and show it to upwork message area now i want to submit my work but i dont find any button to submit work ?how can i submit my work to approved   its fix price project . do i also need to creat mileston ? pleae check the upload image

Hi Tariq,

I checked the job you're referring to and I can see that the client has already released the funds for the milestone in question. If you go to Reports > Overview, you will be able to see the funds under the "Pending" tab. You can check this help article for more information on how the billing cycle works. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members