🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Submit work
Page options
henies
Community Member

Submit work

Greetings!

I'm working on a project with my client and we are sharing ideas, the contract duration is from Sept 11 Due Sept 13, i finished the work but before submitting the final files, as usual, i ask all my clients if they have more modifications or suggestions , and he is offline now , what can i do , i submit the work for payment or i'll wait for him. because the project due Sep 13 or there is no problem?

Thanks  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: " ask all my clients if they have more modifications or suggestions , and he is offline now , what can i do , i submit the work for payment or i'll wait for him. because the project due Sep 13 or there is no problem?"

This is not your project. It is the client's project.

If the client wants to go on vacation, he may do that.

If he wants to stay offline, he may do that.

The client is intelligent and reasonable. He understands that if he is not available when you have a question, that it is not your fault. Don't worry so much about this.

If I have done my work, then I submit the work using the official green "Submit Work / Request Payment" button.

I DO NOT WAIT for approval from the client. It is the button's work to seek that approval. So the PROPER way to use Upwork is to use that button. If changes are needed, then the client can use a button on his side to ask for changes.

As for the due dates? Upwork doesn't look at those. Those are just for reference for you and the client.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kat303
Community Member

Heni e wrote:

Greetings!

I'm working on a project with my client and we are sharing ideas, the contract duration is from Sept 11 Due Sept 13, i finished the work but before submitting the final files, as usual, i ask all my clients if they have more modifications or suggestions , and he is offline now , what can i do , i submit the work for payment or i'll wait for him. because the project due Sep 13 or there is no problem?

Thanks  

===========================================

If you've finished the work and have satisfied all the requirements of the milestone then submit the work by clicking on the Submit Word/Request Payment (if this is a fixed rate job) 

Or

Attaching it to a message in the work room if this is an hourly contract. 

If the client wants any modifications or ideas, believe me, they will let you know. 

tmspats
Community Member

I am new to upwork and will be submitting a milestone this week. Since this is my first project, my question is...what if the client does request changes? How does that process work?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: " ask all my clients if they have more modifications or suggestions , and he is offline now , what can i do , i submit the work for payment or i'll wait for him. because the project due Sep 13 or there is no problem?"

This is not your project. It is the client's project.

If the client wants to go on vacation, he may do that.

If he wants to stay offline, he may do that.

The client is intelligent and reasonable. He understands that if he is not available when you have a question, that it is not your fault. Don't worry so much about this.

If I have done my work, then I submit the work using the official green "Submit Work / Request Payment" button.

I DO NOT WAIT for approval from the client. It is the button's work to seek that approval. So the PROPER way to use Upwork is to use that button. If changes are needed, then the client can use a button on his side to ask for changes.

As for the due dates? Upwork doesn't look at those. Those are just for reference for you and the client.

re: "what if the client does request changes? How does that process work?"

If the client does NOT request changes, then you get paid.

If the client DOES request changes by clicking on the green Request Changes button, then that action blocks payment and sends a message to you through Upwork. You then have the opportunity to make the changes and resubmit the work.

Thank you so much for the quick response.  I appreciate the input.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths