🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Submitted Assignment and Have not Heard From ...
Page options
carrie7734

Submitted Assignment and Have not Heard From Client

Hello Everyone,

I submitted my first assignment four days ago and have not heard back from the client. Does it take a while to hear from a client at times after you've submitted an assignment?

Thank you,

Carrie

12 REPLIES 12
mandylula

Hi Carrie.  Are you sure the job offer was finalised and registered on Upwork?  And was the agreed payment amount or terms set-up with the job offer?

Hi Mandy,

It was.

Thank you,

Carrie

gnakeur

Hello Carrie,

Did you have an official contract here? Can you see that job where you navigate to My Jobs tab?

Hi Giorgi,

Yes, it is in the My Jobs tab.

Thank you,

Carrie

Was it fully funded and did you submit with the submit work / request payment button?

Hi Petra,

Yes, it was fully funded and I did submit it via the submit request payment button.

Thank you,

Carrie

Hi Carrie

So long as the job is official and you submitted via Upwork's system, you have done your bit for now.  People sometimes get involved in other issues and your job may just not be the priority at the moment.  Understandably frustrating for you, especially as this is your first job.

Perhaps send your client a friendly note reminding him that you submitted the work 4 days ago and asking if he has had an opportunity to review it?

Good luck.

@Mandy D wrote:

Hi Carrie

So long as the job is official and you submitted via Upwork's system......

...... and if it was fully funded.......

Hi Mandy,

Thank you for your response. I was thinking the same thing too, perhaps he is busy with other jobs. I did send a friendly reminder. I guess I just have to have patience and wait.

Thank you again,

Carrie

mariawicz5

I don't see any jobs in progress on your profile. Hopefully you had and accepted a contract. Unfortuneately, some clients have a tendency to disappear. Did this client have any previous feedback?

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carrie,

I see you requested the release of Milestone funds four days ago on your contract. Please read this Help article and note the funds will be released to you automatically 14 days after submitting the request, unless your client approves the release in the meantime or requests changes.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
millermelanie

I have clients who get back to me in a matter of minutes and some who take a week or more.  Not every job is a top priority urgent matter to the client.  For some, it is a "roundtoit" project.  As long as I am submitting to a fully funded and properly set up contract, then it's all good.  In the meantime, I just work on the next jobs from my other clients and forget about the finished one until I hear from that client again or collect my pay, whicheve comes first.