🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Submitted proposal got a response but job pos...
Page options
42ed95d2
Community Member

Submitted proposal got a response but job posting deleted

Hello!

I'm new to upwork and recently I was invited for an interview for a job that was titled "Voice over for explainer tapes" or something. I sent in my proposal with my voice samples and the client responded with "you've been short listed for an interview please contact this email to schedule the interview" I was about to write an email to the email that was given, and as I was trying to reference the message again from my proposal page it said the job posting was removed so Yiu can't view your proposal. This made me think was the job fake? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jeremiah-brown
Community Member

Probably got flagged by another short-lister for trying to communicate off-site before the contract was in place (it violates terms of service).  Sometimes people will be quick to flag them thinking it's a scam.  Not all of them are.  Just point out that it's against the sites terms and see how they respond.  After a while you get a feel for how legitimate clients respond and how scammers react.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jeremiah-brown
Community Member

Probably got flagged by another short-lister for trying to communicate off-site before the contract was in place (it violates terms of service).  Sometimes people will be quick to flag them thinking it's a scam.  Not all of them are.  Just point out that it's against the sites terms and see how they respond.  After a while you get a feel for how legitimate clients respond and how scammers react.

df602768
Community Member

Flagged. I think you may be refunded your connects, too. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths