cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitted work and still not paid yet.

Wei Ning C Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
1 of 4

I submitted my work on time 5 days ago, and the client still hasn't paid me. It was a fixed price job, and I kind of needed the money to pay rent. We agreed that after I submitted my work, her company would hire someone to proofread it, and will pay me 2 days later, I thought that maybe they don't work on weekends, but now it's tuesday, and I'm starting to worry.  I actually sent her a message on Saturday asking about when can I recieve my payment, and she didn't answer, she was quite the active one before I submitted my work though.Does anyone know how long should I wait on till I contact her again? She had a nice feedback so I took this job without hesitating, I just hope that this whole thing doesn't turn out to be a ripoff. 

Vubon Chandro R Member Since: May 10, 2011
2 of 4

I am also newbie on oDesk. If you have live chat option on https://support.odesk.com/home . You can contact them . I hope they will help you . Thanks

Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
3 of 4

It is only Monday here in the US and 2 hours ago when you posted this it was only only noon on the East Coast. Where is your client located? If they are in UTC -5 then it is just Monday morning/early afternoon. You need to consider the time zone differences and that they probably do not work on weekends.

Mahesh W Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
4 of 4
You should Always ask for an advance.
Veni, Vidi, Vici.
GraphicsGods.com
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS