🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Submitted work - now what?
Page options
monicathomson
Community Member

Submitted work - now what?

Hi! Yesterday I submitted work for my first job here on UpWork. After conversing with the job poster via the chat feature, I told them I submitted my work via the "submit work" feature. It's been over 24 hours and I haven't heard back (she's been green/available on chat). In the job description, she said it was due last night. I followed up with her an hour ago via chat and no answer.

Any tips on what to do to make sure my work is accepted/I get paid? Thanks!! 

3 REPLIES 3
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Don't do anything else. Leave her alone Even if she takes no action, the  $$ will be released to you after a certain number of days (20? maybe).

ETA I assume this was fixed price?  If hourly, the client receives the work diary on Monday.  She will have until Friday to review.  You will then be paid the following Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, depending on your time zone.

Thank you!! Yes, this was fixed price.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Monica T wrote:

Hi! Yesterday I submitted work for my first job here on UpWork. After conversing with the job poster via the chat feature, I told them I submitted my work via the "submit work" feature. It's been over 24 hours and I haven't heard back (she's been green/available on chat). In the job description, she said it was due last night. I followed up with her an hour ago via chat and no answer.

Any tips on what to do to make sure my work is accepted/I get paid? Thanks!! 

When you click the submit for payment button, just forget about the job. The client may approve your payment before the 14 days expire, or not, or may request changes, or not, it doesn't matter. They know where you are if they need anything.

The only thing to keep in mind is asking the client to end the contract after payment so that they have to leave feedback for you and you don't end up with a lot of stale old jobs on your profile that you have to end yourself at some point (and not get feedback then).

Sometimes we read posts here from other freelancers who get all worked up if the client does not approve in a matter of days, wanting to report them, yada yada. (Don't be them.) I've had perfectly nice clients who just let jobs go to automatic payment after 14 days, and I don't hold it against them. They might be very busy.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths