🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Submitting additional work when client hasn't...
Page options
sarahcarlynn
Community Member

Submitting additional work when client hasn't updated milestone

Hello,

Though i have been a freelancer on upwork for some time, i have recently ran into a bit of an issue that is new to me.

I have a client who offered me a job writing for their blog and created a milestone for the first article. I accepted the offer, wrote the article, and submitted the work through upwork as i always do. The client thanked me and said they would review. Anyways, i wrote the second article that he requested (within the requested time) and told him that i was ready to submit it whenever he wanted to set a new milestone. He replied and told me he would review the article, thanked me again, and said that the two articles i've written should be enough for his blog for now, but he never updated the milestone. Basically, i think he wants the work, but he is ignoring my comment about updating the milestone. Am i correct in assuming that another milestone must be created specifically for this piece of work before i submit it to him? Right now, i only have the option to resubmit the previous piece. Should i just send him another message and remind him again, in a very polite and professional way, that i cannot submit the work until the milestone is updated?

Thank you 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jmlaidlaw
Community Member

No pay, no work.

No  milestone, no submission.

It isn't difficult to create the milestone.

You work for cash, not promises.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jmlaidlaw
Community Member

No pay, no work.

No  milestone, no submission.

It isn't difficult to create the milestone.

You work for cash, not promises.

Thank you for the quick reply, Janean!

Keep in mind that you own the work until you are paid for it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members