🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Submitting proposals but didn't receive any i...
Page options
puneet00099
Community Member

Submitting proposals but didn't receive any interview

Hello

I have submitted proposals but doesn't get a chance to be interviewed.I have mentions experience and skills in proposals.  i am constantly sending my proposals to different clients, but i havent receive a single reply. please help.

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
AndreaG

Hi Puneet,

Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or get a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. You may check our Resource Corner and find some excellent topics there:

Submitting a Winning Proposal on Upwork

Make Your Freelancer Profile More Visible & Appealing

Enhance Your Freelancer Profile for Greater Success

When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.

~Andrea
Upwork
5d460ef7
Community Member

Hi, Andrea!

It makes sense when you say that the clients are not obliged to interview all proposals but kindly explain why would proposals submitted (and BOOSTED)  to jobs posted as freshly as minutes/hours ago do not even get viewed. That has barely anything to do with the cover letter not being okay.

Either your first line or two of your proposal isn't interesting or they didn't see it. Send more proposals and you get more interviews.

Some of my colleagues also applied to the same job and it was the same result for them. All the proposals were succint and to the point.

Try different approaches to your proposals. Are the first two sentences focused on you, or what you can do for the client? It takes a lot of proposals to get just a few interviews. Each proposal is important.  Write each one as if it's the most one all day. Make it count. 

kinector
Community Member

Puneet, I cannot see your profile so I cannot say if you're in a saturated market or not. The profile and the proposal go hand in hand giving the same impression about your skills, experience, and specialty.

What probably saves most Connects is that you only aim for projects that are a perfect match with what you do, and I hope you're being more specific than what most starting freelancers try, e.g. "web developer".

You can also try to analyze your competitors in the same skills category. How does your profile stand out from the crowd? Are you always up against the most experienced guys with a perfect track record?

It's all about how you position yourself, and you can make some changes as you go along. I'm now focusing on my 4th specific niche. Different tech, different client types, and different project sizes than what I started with.

farhan055
Community Member

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PROFILE

2779bde0
Community Member

Your profile is set to private. You may want to set it to public so clients other than the ones you are sending proposals to can see it.

Do you have any work examples in your portfolio?

As the saying goes, talk is cheap. If you can show a potential client what you have to offer, rather than just telling them about it, you'll have a much greater chance of being hired.

I only got my first client after putting up some work examples.

They don't need to be work you've actually done for a client, but should look something you could actually do, so a prospective client can get a picture in their head of what your work looks like. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members