🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Submitting strong proposals - zero responses....
Page options
mikebakerfree
Community Member

Submitting strong proposals - zero responses. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi: 

I've submitted dozens of what I thought were pretty strong proposals in the last couple of weeks, mostly to jobs that I'm a little overqualified for. My profile is 100% complete, and I'm a U.S. citizen and native english speaker only applying for U.S. work (for what that's worth). 

Unfortunately, I haven't received any responses of any kind from employers. Would any experienced Upworkers here be willing just to take a quick glance at my profile and let me know if there are any glaring errors that might be affecting my results? Here's the link:

https://www.upwork.com/fl/mikebaker10

Thanks! ~ MB

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mikebakerfree
Community Member

Robin H, Tiffany S, Virginia F - thx so much for taking the time to check out my profile and offer thoughtful  comments! 

There's a ton of good stuff in your responses, and I'll be updating my profile accordingly...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
2a05aa63
Community Member

You have to much going on in the description. No one reads more than the first 2 paragraps. Imagine being a client and looking at at least 10 profiles that big - you'll get tired after the first two. Put the main things in the first two paragraphs, then more details on those thing later - if the client was interested, and wants to know more. 

Delete the 'client review' - it holds no value, since you can write anything - even quoting Obama. It would make sense if you would have that review in upwork's work history.

When submiting proposal, also keep it short. Show that you understand what the client wants and that you can do it.

Hey Viacheslav - thx so much for taking a look - appreciate it! 

Anyone else with opinions on this? 

Michael B wrote:

Hey Viacheslav - thx so much for taking a look - appreciate it! 

Anyone else with opinions on this? 

Yes, first of all, they're not employers, they're clients. As the other person stated, edit of that wall of text - clients don't have the time, and may very well run away screaming. And your name is right there at the top, no need to waste valuable space telling them your name again.

And if you're only speaking to a limited audience: "creative entrepreneurs, independent artists and musicians" - you should make that very clear right at the start. Your 3rd and 4th paragraphs state what those three disciplines want/need and what they should do. Instead your overview should focus (right away) on what you offer to bring a client to those goals. The "nuts and bolts" should be front and center.

And finally, this site has thousands upon thousands of freelaners and competition in all categories ... some get work right away, for some it takes months, and some never gain a foothold. That's why it's important that you stand out.

Hi, i have finished my connects and still not hired, all of my proposals are still pending.

is the client reading my proposals?? i have send them since 2 days but still no response.

Start your own post and thread.  

Ma Divina T wrote:

Hi, i have finished my connects and still not hired, all of my proposals are still pending.

is the client reading my proposals?? i have send them since 2 days but still no response.

tlsanders
Community Member

The first chunk of your profile appears to be focused on branding, but you don't mention offering branding or brand-building services specifically. If that's something you're offering, say so explicitly. If not, don't spend all that prime real estate talking about the importance of branding and brand consistency.

As others have said, cut down your profile a lot.

You say you've sent dozens of strong proposals, but your profile suggests that you're offering services to a narrow niche. Were all of those proposals sent to entrepreneurs and creatives? If not, you have a choice to make--take that narrowing language out of your profile, or narrow your proposals to stay within the niche you're speaking to. (The latter is probably more effective)

robin_hyman
Community Member

I agree with the other posters.  Keep your profile short, succinct and make sure you stand out.  The first two lines are what a client sees when you come up in search so make them (and your profile title) stand out.  

mikebakerfree
Community Member

Robin H, Tiffany S, Virginia F - thx so much for taking the time to check out my profile and offer thoughtful  comments! 

There's a ton of good stuff in your responses, and I'll be updating my profile accordingly...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members