🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Submitting work for payment
Page options
30dcb51a
Community Member

Submitting work for payment

Hello!

I had a project that entailed proofreading and correcting the references of a student (the client) in a very short time / the same day of the start of the project. I submitted it on the Upwork chat to the client, she thanked me, and that was it. It’s been 10 days, and she hasn’t written or approved the milestone. I wanted to wait till she writes, but I am a bit confused at this point. I texted her yesterday and asked if all went well, but no response. This is also a new client with no prior history. Should I just wait, or should I ‘submit work for payment’? I always wait for the client to approve the milestone, I’ve never used that feature before, but also, no client was gone like this either. If this is normal, I can wait. I just don’t know.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Tuba

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

The way to give your work to a client is to use the "submit work for payment" function on the contract.

That way the client has 14 days to check and request changes if necessary.

Tuba E wrote: Should I just wait, or should I ‘submit work for payment’?

That's what you should have done 10 days ago, so yes, of course. If the client does not react, you get paid 14 days later.

Tuba E wrote: I’ve never used that feature before

Whyever not? That is what it is there for.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

The way to give your work to a client is to use the "submit work for payment" function on the contract.

That way the client has 14 days to check and request changes if necessary.

Tuba E wrote: Should I just wait, or should I ‘submit work for payment’?

That's what you should have done 10 days ago, so yes, of course. If the client does not react, you get paid 14 days later.

Tuba E wrote: I’ve never used that feature before

Whyever not? That is what it is there for.

30dcb51a
Community Member

• Oh my. I assumed it is for situations like this—when the client is not responsive. I’ve just submitted it now. Thank you, Petra!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members