cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subpar service = credited with connects?

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
11 of 15
Exactly Nichola. EXACTLY.
stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
12 of 15

"In exchange, they'd like me to change my rating from "bad" to "good""

Isabelle Anne,

as you may know by now, few things leave me speechless on here - but this comes very close...

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
13 of 15

Isabelle Anne,

Yes, I posted a while back on being likewise asked to change my rating after the fact. It was a sour note at the end of an otherwise exemplary message acknowledging the original CS's incompetence (in this particular instance) and need for retraining. No connects were offered.

My reaction is the same as Julianne's: An apology and the promise of corrective steps for the future does not retroactively change a bad experience. I'll add that it is unprofessional and rather weasely for a supervisor to suggest that it does, in a blatant attempt to improve his own (unit's) stats.

Best to all,
Michael

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 15

Hi Isabelle Anne,

I apologize that you had a negative experience with the Customer Support and I shared this thread with our team leads. We want to make sure that every bad customer experience is addressed and do anything possible to change it to a positive. That's why you received the message from the supervisor. In no way it was intended to make you feel like you are pushed or "bribed" to change your feedback. The team assured us that they are going to revise their communication with customers in such cases.

~ Valeria
Upwork
iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
15 of 15

Thank you Valeria, I appreciate that.

Like I said earlier, the message to me wasn't phrased in a way that made it sound like a bribe. It's just that despite so many complaints, CS seems to be getting worse (well so does the Upwork service in general), and adding more connects to my account in no way changes the "bad customer experience" to "a positive".

If they really want to address the problem, then they have no choice but to actually listen to the feedback that we give (especially in the forums) and improve.

Before oDesk became Upwork, I actually thought CS was pretty good. Now it just seems that representatives' communication skills are worsening and that they are in a hurry to mark tickets as "solved". Not to mention that there are a few too many cases where the information/advice that they give conflicts with what a mod or other resource says. Maybe that's necessarily their fault - perhaps poor training or ineffective coordination within the company?

This is why so many of us come to the forums to get our issues resolved, which makes for a terrible system. Anyway, I look forward to seeing how they will "revise" their communication and perfomance in general.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS