Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success Rate Down Again !

Highlighted
Community Leader
Octavian Valentin A Member Since: Mar 26, 2015
1 of 8

I see that my success score went down again - for GOD sake people, nothing chnaged - no new feed-back , absolutely nothing ... 79% Job Success  

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
2 of 8

@Octavian Valentin A wrote:

I see that my success score went down again - for GOD sake people, nothing chnaged - no new feed-back , absolutely nothing ... 79% Job Success  

But something has changed.

Old feedback has dropped out of the calculation.  That old feedback may have been what was keeping your JS score higher. Once that feedback is no longer counted, your JS will drop--especially if you have "no new feed-back" to take the place of the older feedback.

Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
3 of 8

And why would old feedback drop out of the equation?  A job completion is a job completion.  It's utter nonsense to take away old feedback of a job just because it's old?  What are you talking about?  You need to clarify. 

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
4 of 8

He means that feedback disappears from the JS equation after a year. This is the reason for the huge and unsettling sudden changes in job success.

Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
5 of 8

What????  When did this suddenly come into affect?  I haven't heard this.  So, you're saying that 5 star feedback from a year ago just suddenly goes away?  How is that fair to contractors here?  Do they do the same for feedback that isn't perfect?

I'll have been here 4 years in just a few more months, so that means that all my feedback from the past 3 years is just gone?  That makes no sense.

Why would they do such a thing?  That is freaking horrible.  

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
6 of 8

@Misty K wrote:

What????  When did this suddenly come into affect?  I haven't heard this.  So, you're saying that 5 star feedback from a year ago just suddenly goes away?  How is that fair to contractors here?  Do they do the same for feedback that isn't perfect?

I'll have been here 4 years in just a few more months, so that means that all my feedback from the past 3 years is just gone?  That makes no sense.

Why would they do such a thing?  That is freaking horrible.  

The feedback is not gone. it can still be seen on your profile. It is just no longer used to calculate the JS score.

Community Leader
Cristian F Member Since: Jun 21, 2015
BEST ANSWER
7 of 8

Hello,

See this article to understand how JS is calculated: https://support.upwork.com/entries/23103173

Long story short, Job Success is calculated for 3 different timeframes: last 6 months, last 12 months and last 24 months.

On your profile, the best score of any of these timeframes is displayed. In Octavian's case, his best score is 79%.

By looking at his profile, I assume his best score is the 24 months score. Exactly 2 years ago, in July 2013 he had a 5 star contract (SEO Partner) closed. After July's first upate, this contract was eliminated form the calculations of his JS score and in my opinion, it most likely explains his drop. 

The opposite is valid too: when a contract that has a negative effect on your score is removed from the calculations, you should see an increase.

See more info on this topic here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/My-JS-increased-from-82-to-100/m-p/95845#U95845

Community Leader
Octavian Valentin A Member Since: Mar 26, 2015
8 of 8

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for your feed-back, I will read that article later, could you build a video ?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS