🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Success Score Preventing me from getting ...
Page options
rroman1093
Community Member

Success Score Preventing me from getting new clients on Upwork

I need some major help here. I have spent the past year trying to get my success score back up. My first client on Upwork ended up giving me a do not recommend. My client was very picky and demanding but since it was my first client I wanted to go above and beyond. I gave them unlimited revisions, and double the amount if designs they paid for.

The real problem is that I am getting 0 response when I apply for gigs. Prior to my success score posting to my account I would get 3 replies out of every 10 gigs I applied to.

How can I get my score up if no one will hire me? Has anyone else had this problem? How did you resolve it?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
m_acc_des
Community Member

Looks like someone gave you a bad private feedback, Although most of them wrote a great public one about your work. Unfortunately you can`t do anything about the past, You have to focus on the future. Try to get jobs and deliver great service to higher your JSS.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
m_acc_des
Community Member

Looks like someone gave you a bad private feedback, Although most of them wrote a great public one about your work. Unfortunately you can`t do anything about the past, You have to focus on the future. Try to get jobs and deliver great service to higher your JSS.

I have been trying for over a year. I use all my connects on Upwork every month for jobs and I do not get any responses. Since my score has been made visible I have only been able to secure 1 job.

Hi Raquel,

That must be such a pain! I find the JSS can be confusing. I just recently had to fix completely incompetent work which a top rated freelancer with 99% JSS had done. They had terrible feedback from a few months ago, but it doesn't seem to have affected their current JSS. So it's a shame that the system has tripped up someone who genuinely wants to do the work well. Perhaps you could try lowering your hourly rate to get a few new jobs and get the JSS back up? I know 50$/h is not expensive for a skilled freelancer, but there are so many clients on here with very low budgets and so many cheap freelancers. I've been on here for two years and am still charging less than I should, but working on it gradually. You could also try moving the anime picture on your profile, since it might be considered "adult content". I wouldn't mind if I were a client, but since Upwork doesn't allow it, and since it's a bit risqué, you might want to choose another picture as the cover. Just a thought.

Thank you Fanny that is great advice I will do that right away! I did have my rate 50% lower than what is posted and had it set at that for a year. Since I noticed it wasn't helping I raised it back up.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths