🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Success score
Page options
rostyslavstep
Community Member

Success score

Hello guys. Been working on upwork in 2012-2016. Stopped working 3 years ago. Now I restored my account and I see my success score is below 80? I only had great feedabcks and I dont even know where thi comes from. Where can I check this score and what needs to be done to keep on working?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Rostyslav S wrote:

Hello guys. Been working on upwork in 2012-2016. Stopped working 3 years ago. Now I restored my account and I see my success score is below 80?

Did you close all contracts before you "stopped working?" You should not have any JSS at all because it only takes into consideration jobs from the last 24 months

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Rostyslav S wrote:

Hello guys. Been working on upwork in 2012-2016. Stopped working 3 years ago. Now I restored my account and I see my success score is below 80?

Did you close all contracts before you "stopped working?" You should not have any JSS at all because it only takes into consideration jobs from the last 24 months

sharonmre
Community Member

I know! Doesnt that suck and Upwork is not trasparent about that nor do they disclose their rating system to clients. I used to be at 90% then I stopped working for months and I dropped to around 70%. I felt forced to take jobs I dint want just to get good ratings to bring it uo to the 80s. Upwork sometimes makes you feel like a hamster running on a wheel. There are consequences to not working consistently on this platform and it should be that way. It's freelancing not full employment. If you want to take a break, you should be allowed to take a break and not be  punished for it.  Upwork needs to be more transparent on how rating works.

Sharon M wrote:

If you want to take a break, you should be allowed to take a break and not be  punished for it.  Upwork needs to be more transparent on how rating works.

You don't get punished for taking a break. 

In virtually all cases, what hurts the JSS is poor private feedback or contracts that never lead to any earnings ("$ 0 paid contracts")

Taking a break (and I'd argue that 4 years is a bit more than a break) can lead to changes because contracts fall out of the calculation windows, so the contracts left *IN* the calculation window(s) weigh more heavily. This, however, is for better or for worse. If what falls out was a poor outcome, the JSS goes up. If it was a good outcome, and poor outcomes still in the calculation window weighs more, so the JSS can go down.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members