🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sudden Increase of profile view
Page options
9f395534
Community Member

Sudden Increase of profile view

Hello to all Talents.

In the past few days, my profile on Upwork is getting views but honestly, I don't know the meaning, can someone explain where this is coming from and its implications, and how it works in my favor?

PLEASE, YOUR INPUT WILL EDUCATE OTHERS

thanks

profile views.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9f395534
Community Member

Thank you, that is sad.☹️

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
lysis10
Community Member

Search is rotated. It's your turn in rotation.

9f395534
Community Member

Thanks for your input Jennifer, how often this search rotation is conducted?

You will never know. It is an Upwork rotation of freelancers so that everyone has an equal chance, according to Upwork.

the-right-writer
Community Member

All the information tells you is how many people looked at your profile. It doesn't tell you if it was a client, freelancer, community member, or someone else that viewed your profile. Even posting in the forum will often result in multiple views. Personally, I only look at those stats when I make a change to my profile or business and want to see if there is any likely correlation.

Hey Jeanne H. 

I so much appreciate your input, the confusing part, no idea of who is viewing my profile, maybe  it was a client, freelancers, community member, or someone else, this keeps me in the dark.

Thanks again

🤝

As I said in another post, I believe part of what is happening is because you are posting in the forum. As someone else suggested, look at one day totals and see if there is a connection to posting here.

a77045c6
Community Member

It's strange. People visited your Upwork profile less than 5 a day, but on Dec 26 it jumped to 10+ and on Dec 28 almost 20. It's just my guess that the system error. 

Thanks for your input Apinia R.

I thought as much about "error," but have you experience such issue, & may I know what you do to get it fix?

As I speaks it keeps going up.:rocket:

I show you my stat. It's hard to believe that there are 27 total views in one day. I have no idea, but I often use the stat for checking my "proposals" sent to the clients.

Screenshot 2022-12-29 212334.png

This is serious but with this did you receive a message from any client?

because mine was still going higher till now.

I received the invites and got hired, but never compare with the profile views. You can have a look again at my screenshots. Hope it helps.

invites.pngproposals.png

Maybe it will convert, but for now, am yet to see any invite message from a client my profile view keeps rising up. thanks for the useful insight. Apinia R.

Apinia, those views correlate somewhat with your posting that week. That was the week of the Proposal stats - I'll show you mine if you show me yours thread.

I believe many of the views are because you are posting often in the forum. People will look at your profile.

I now know that the views are from Freelancers from from forum not the Client from forum. 

Thanks again Jeanne H.

jeremiah-brown
Community Member

Have you been more active in the forum today compared to other days?  It may be that other forum members liked something you posted and tried to learn more about your background as a freelancer?  Hard to say.

Hey Jeremiah B.

Have been more active on forum recently, so can this actually be the cause?  

If someone is posting lots of advice, it makes sense to look at their profile to see whether they have any credibility.

lysis10
Community Member

No idea about rotation frequency, but you'll know if your profile sucks if you get no invites but lots of views.

9f395534
Community Member

So Upwork search engine is actually playing around with my profile or something? 

This is really confusing.

lysis10
Community Member

Hafeez R wrote:

So Upwork search engine is actually playing around with my profile or something? 

This is really confusing.

By rotation I mean you are temporarily boosted for a bit and then you drop back down. You will know when it's your turn in rotation based on views and invites.

9f395534
Community Member

Something is not right, I have 0 invites, higher Profile views, and some proposal views. 

lysis10
Community Member

Hafeez R wrote:

Something is not right, I have 0 invites, higher Profile views, and some proposal views. 

Read what I said about profile sucking if you get no invites.

9f395534
Community Member

Thank you, that is sad.☹️

I wouldn't get too worked up over invites.  Half the time they're for wildly unrelated jobs anyway.

So, meaning I should not be disstoped over that? it 60 views it crazy

@60 VIEWS.png

Meaning I wouldnt worry too much about invites.  I have not found any significant advantage to them versus organic proposals.

You gave me more hope, and reduce the burdens on my mind.

thanks man

How many views do you have now?

62 profile views at the moment.

For today only, 12/29/2022, how many more views did you gain since the last time you' ve looked?

@78.png

How many more views did you get today?

40 VIEWS NOW KEEP GROWING

I went to your profile a bunch of times to see if other freelancers show up as views.  This seems to be true.

So I would conclude that the recent uptick in profile views could most likely be attributed to people from the forum reading your posts and going to look at your profile.

Today, I went to your profile at least 20 times in order to make a significant enough change in your view history to determine if forum members are showing up as part of your viewer count.

You are really a superman Jeremiah for coming this far over this I appreciate your input. 

It implies that my post in the forum attracted readers to check visit and check out my profile am sure clients will be among the viewers. 

I hope it yields a good result in end.

I wish I could get this high volume of views too... More views is definitely good in my opinion. 

The only reason his views are high is that he has posted a bunch in the forum. When you do that, people naturally will look at your profile. In this case, it has nothing to do with clients or a job. We all experience it.

omar_faruq_john
Community Member

It is just an Upwork algorithm.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths