cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden increase of hourly rate

Marie A Member Since: Jun 24, 2012
1 of 35
Hi all o desker's I am trying to apply for applications at the rate of 1$ per hour. This is my profile rate too. But since yesterday O desk has started requiring me to enter a value between $4.00 and 899$. If i apply at the rate of 4$ an hour i will be loosing my competitive edge among the rest of the applicants for that particular job. Can someone please explain the reason for this kind of move by O desk.
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
2 of 35
If that's the only competitive edge you have, perhaps it's time to think about working on something else that would make you stand out amongst the rest of the applicants. Plus, because this is the second or third thread I'm reading on this subject, and one mentioned that the feature varies from job to job...Didn't any of you guys thought it through before you started complaining about it? If this is indeed true and oDesk has implemented a feature where the client can set a minimum of $4, that means none of the other applicants will be able to bid below that. So you'll still have an even start and you won't need to drive your rate underground to get "a competitive edge".
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
3 of 35
It would be nice if oDesk announced this somewhere, if they did implement this. Whether you like it or not, it's still a big change. Does it work both ways? Can your application get filtered out if your quote is too high?
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
4 of 35
They're probably still beta testing it.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
5 of 35
Right.
Marie A Member Since: Jun 24, 2012
6 of 35
Hi Bojana O desk hasn't implemented this feature for all o desk freelancer's. I got it confirmed from the help and support center. It's just for a certain group of freelancers that o desk has chosen to Beta test this feature.
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
7 of 35
They're testing the feature on a group of freelancers instead on just some jobs? If that's true, it's downright stupid decision.
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
8 of 35
Are they testing it on clients or freelancers. If they're testing it on clients or on certain jobs they post then there should be no problem since everyone who applies for the job can only bid so low. If it's just on certain freelancers and as a result other freelancers can bid lower then that is kind of stupid.
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
9 of 35
I'm sad I can't put a like thumb on your post Bojana.
10 of 35
you should just keep your mouth shut if you cant give good advice with out that sarcastic line.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS