cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden increase of hourly rate

Yssien Bryl S Member Since: Nov 28, 2013
31 of 35
im also experiencing the same problem, the minimum rate is 4$ which is not really a good for a data entry job. is the site still on beta testing?
Rey L Member Since: Jan 25, 2013
32 of 35
Yup. for some reason they already had installed the 3 dollar minimum rate but a good number of oDeskers are still on this beta testing of 4 dollars, tried asking support and they can only give you the annoying canned response. They should do the beta testing on those freelancers who like to throw ridiculously low rates. It seems they like setting this t those who have extremely high hours. If they really want to get good results, then its time to change the subjects not always those initial subjects(including me)
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
33 of 35
Hi Rey, On November 15 the minimum rate of $3 will be introduced for all new contracts. Until then the users who were included in the testing for $4 minimum rate will not be able to create hourly contracts with a rate lower than that. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by it.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Connie S Member Since: Aug 28, 2014
34 of 35
For me the minimum rate increase will decrease the amount of work I offer out. A lot of the jobs I create are nice to haves and are not necessary. At low rates like $1.50 an hour I can afford to offer up a nice to have. Recently I hired someone to do some web research for $1.11 they worked 30 hours so my cost was under $40.00. If it was going to cost me $90.00 I probably wouldn't have bothered creating that job. It was research that wasn't necessary but nice to have. I don't know if other employers are in the same boat but I imagine they are.
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
35 of 35
There is always fixed rate for those who are concerned about the minimum of $3.00 an hour on hourly jobs. You can always set up a job with a fixed rate which does not require the minimum.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS