Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden job success score update and decline

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 30

@Atifa I wrote:

Some people have also experienced a decline in the score along with an early update. This is why it is a matter of great concern.

Others have experienced an increase, others saw theirs staying the same...

You seem to assume that there would not have been a decline had it updated on Sunday. The connection of "update" and "decline" does not mean that the number you see is wrong. At this stage all we know is that it updated early,

atifaimran
Community Leader
Atifa T Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
22 of 30

Till now nothing is for certain till there is an official response from Upwork. However, an early update can possibly be because of an update in algorithm or some unexpected error. Usually the support response time is 48 hours so I believe that I will get to know the exact picture after that.

animocks
Ace Contributor
Aaron N Member Since: Feb 7, 2016
23 of 30

I don't really follow what is effecting JSS but I went from a 98 to 93 and can't really tell why since all my jobs recently have been excuted to perfection.

Could someone look at my profile and tell me if they see anything that might be changing it?

I have a bunch of jobs that the clients never closed out.

I also had a few jobs that started but the client later cancelled because they changed their mind.

Does that kind of stuff effect me?

Any help would be appreciated because I don't want to drop below 90 for reasons I just aren't aware of.

Thanks!

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
24 of 30

Aaron,

Check out this thread. There is apparently a know issue affecting JSS.  This might explain your drop. https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Sudden-job-success-score-update-and-decline/td-p/237160

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
animocks
Ace Contributor
25 of 30

That is just the 1% drop 2 days ago which I also received. I get this one, seems like just a glitch since a lot of people are seeing it.

But I am more concened with the other drop which happened on Sunday.

I just don't really get the criterea since it's a secret and wondering if someone could just take a quick look at my profile to see if anything sticks out.

Thanks

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
26 of 30

Hi Aaron, 

As I have posted in the thread that Katrina has shared with you, there is a known issue that is affecting JSS calculations and our engineers are aware of this. We will update everyone once the issue has been resolved. 

~ Avery
Upwork
animocks
Ace Contributor
27 of 30

Ok thanks. I thought it was just pertaining to the last 1% drop 2 days ago but Ill wait until that is correct to see if anything else changes.

walkerrowe
Community Guru
Walker R Member Since: Sep 30, 2015
28 of 30

Mine went up 1% from last week to this one.  I was hoping for an increase, but something larger than tat.  All I did was to ask clients to close old jobs with no activity.  I was not aware that not doing that could cause a penalty yo the JSS.  My average feedback in 4.85 but JSS 83%, so something is not right.  

omar_hesham4
Omar H Member Since: Jul 29, 2016
29 of 30

Hello all,

my profile has been updated after on week from the last update, it is supposed to be every two weeks!

and also my JSC dropped from 95 to 81% without any negative feedback! 

why is this happening?

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
30 of 30

There are other posts on this subject.  Apparently there is a known bug that the engineers are working on.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS