🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suddenly I am not getting invitations
Page options
cdbb8da1
Community Member

Suddenly I am not getting invitations

Since Last week I did not get any invitation.  But before that, I got a continuous invitation and suddenly, I don't know what happened? 
Can anyone tell me the exact reason?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Muhammad,

You can them know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the “Flag as Inappropriate” option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting in this help article.

Please note that taking communications with a freelancer or client off of Upwork before a contract is in place is against our Terms of Service. Once a contract is in place you may use any communication methods you choose.

You can also check out this Community thread for more information on recent TOS changes.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Khurram B wrote:
Since Last week I did not get any invitation.  But before that, I got a continuous invitation and suddenly, I don't know what happened? 
Can anyone tell me the exact reason?

Looks like not a single one of those "continuous" invites resulted in even a single tiny little actual contract in over 2 months...

This means one of 2 things to Upwork, neither are of which are an incentive for Upwork to encourage further invites.

cdbb8da1
Community Member

I am hired by agency on Upwork.
petra_r
Community Member

I am hired by agency on Upwork.

Your account (at least the one you are posting from) is not associated with any agency. You have no ongoing contracts.

So what exactly is going on there? What do you mean?

cdbb8da1
Community Member

I have 1 active ongoing contract, Why it is not showing on my profile.
petra_r
Community Member

I have 1 active ongoing contract, Why it is not showing on my profile.

Have you been paid yet?

Can you explain how you are "hired by an agency" on Upwork when your profile is clearly not in any way associated with an agency?

Either way, if "continuous" invites fail to lead to any job for months, there is a) no point facilitating more invites and b) it's not an issue for you because they never lead to any earnings anyway.

cdbb8da1
Community Member

Please check the screenshot, I am hired by agency but I am not associated with the agency.
petra_r
Community Member

Please check the screenshot, I am hired by agency but I am not associated with the agency.

You're hired by a client, not an agency.

That has nothing to do with your invites though.

Profile visibility is rotated anyway, to make it fairer for everyone, and your "continuous" invites were only 25 in 3 months, so it may just be the normal rotation.

cdbb8da1
Community Member

Ok is ther any effect on Freelancer profile if we are also using client profile on same login details. Both client and Freelancer account.
Please tell
cdbb8da1
Community Member

Can we give any contact details to client on Upwork through messages.
Please tell
cdbb8da1
Community Member

What to do if client asked on messages to send the contact details like Skype, WhatsApp, contact no., Email etc

Hi Muhammad,

You can them know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the “Flag as Inappropriate” option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting in this help article.

Please note that taking communications with a freelancer or client off of Upwork before a contract is in place is against our Terms of Service. Once a contract is in place you may use any communication methods you choose.

You can also check out this Community thread for more information on recent TOS changes.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Same happend to me, can anyone help me to find reason for not getting new invitations.

Hi Sajad Ali,

I checked, and it looks like you already reached out to our team about your account. They have replied and provided a recommendation in the email. Please check your ticket number: 31014074. You can access your ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
benzama_karim
Community Member

I am facing the same issues from last week. I get around 195 invitation in last 90 days then now suddenly don't have any invites and my profile views are decreasing.
Is there any problem on my end?
What happens if I decline jobs invites?

Md Hasan M wrote:
I am facing the same issues from last week. I get around 195 invitation in last 90 days then now suddenly don't have any invites and my profile views are decreasing.

When did your JSS drop below 90%? That will have affected where you show in searches.

Md Hasan M wrote:
What happens if I decline jobs invites?

Nothing

In past 3 months, I have jss below 90% but got invites more than 2 per day
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members