🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Suddenly No Response from Upwork Talent G...
Page options
prakash_id_in
Community Member

Suddenly No Response from Upwork Talent Group

Hello

I am new to Upwork , 

I got Job proposal from  Upwork Talent Group team member.

She asked me for skills test form I did that and she replied back to book calander for good time for Interview call.

I have booked Interview call time slot and message her.

But suddenly she is not replying or confirming me the Interview timinings nor any of my messages.

Do you anyone know why Telent Group not replying to freelancers.

To whom should I Escalate for this ??

Thanks

Prakash

9 REPLIES 9
JoanneP

Hi Prakash,

You may give the agent more time as they also coordinate with the client during the hiring process. You also have the option to follow-up to check on the status of your application. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I do not think so because she is not replying with Yes or No and seems totally blank or ignoring.

Is she not replying because I have changed my rate in payment rates ( 10$ to 18$ ) terms, I changed it because it was from default from profile.

Please advise.

Thanks
Prakash

Prakash T wrote:
Is she not replying because I have changed my rate in payment rates ( 10$ to 18$ ) terms, I changed it because it was from default from profile.

Was that $18 an hour discussed previously with the client? 

No , as I said it was come from default profile.
So I changed after it , but I had informed her is it fine for her ?

But then after she is not responding.

She is from Upwork Telent Group.

Sounds like the client initiated the process believing you were $ 10 an hour, which is what you yourself set on your profile, and the rate you applied with.

Then, when your randomly increased your hourly rate by a whopping 80% in the middle of the process, for no real reason, which no Upwork history, the client probably wondered what in the world you're playing at.

Prakash T wrote:
Hi Joanne,

I do not think so because she is not replying with Yes or No and seems totally blank or ignoring.

Please advise.

Thanks
Prakash

The rate on your profile is not a default value. It is, or should be, what you are charging every client, and you should not change it randomly in your proposal, as that might not give the client the best impression.

Any way , I had already asked her if its fine for her or not.

Being in HR in Upwork Telent Group its not good to stop responding.

Prakash T wrote:
Any way , I had already asked her if its fine for her or not.

Being in HR in Upwork Telent Group its not good to stop responding.

I'd stop responding as well if a prospective freelancer suddenly and with no justification upped the rate by 80% 

Clients or Talent scouts are under no obligation to respond to you. They are free to reject the proposal or simply stop responding when candidates behave in an inappropriate manner. Such as this kind of bait & switch game of applying at one rate and then nearly doubling it.

Hi Prakash, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page. Thank you for your patience.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths