cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly client's payment method is unverified and contact suspended with due bills.

rkmahin
R. K. M Member Since: Aug 13, 2017
1 of 5

Hello there,

I am experiencing a bit anxiety with a recent hourly job. I have completed Three weeks work. Among them, two weeks are already paid and the last week's payment is still in review. But I am noticing a line "This client's payment method is unverified" from yesterday. I remember that while I had accepted the offer from the client, the payment method was verified. Not only that, I have also received two weeks payment.

Today, I have found another status in the Contact details. It is showing as "SUSPENDED"! Smiley Sad

I have attached the screenshot along with this post. I am anxious about it and wish to know if I am going to be paid for my works.

Anyone for some help? Thanks in advance!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

It most likely means your client's payment method failed on Monday for last week's charges.

Did you track your time with the Upwork tracker

AND

Did you have meaningful (!) work memos

AND

Did you have adequate activity levels

AND

Were all screenshots work related (only!?)

If the answer to ALL (!!) the above is "YES, OF COURSE!" then you will likely be safe...

If the answer to just one of the above is "Ooops, No" then you better hope your client will fix whatever happened....

View solution in original post

rkmahin
3 of 5

@Petra R wrote:

It most likely means your client's payment method failed on Monday for last week's charges.

AND

AND

AND

If the answer to ALL (!!) the above is "YES, OF COURSE!" then you will likely be safe...

If the answer to just one of the above is "Ooops, No" then you better hope your client will fix whatever happened....

Thanks, Petra!

My answer is yes almost. For a very few screenshot, it might be not related. But the job was live chat support. So, in the inactive period (I mean, no such remarkable numbers of visitor/chat request), I was a bit slow. But it is a very few indeed. Maybe 2/3 screenshots in the full week. 

And, if my client's payment method failed to process or client cannot be found responsive, then who will pay me for my works? Will Upwork pay me on behalf of my client? I am talking about it because I am messaging my client for two days. But I still didn't get any response from him.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
4 of 5

@R. K. M wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

AND

AND

AND

Thanks, Petra!

My answer is yes almost. For a very few screenshot, it might be not related. But the job was live chat support. So, in the inactive period (I mean, no such remarkable numbers of visitor/chat request), I was a bit slow. But it is a very few indeed. Maybe 2/3 screenshots in the full week. 

And, if my client's payment method failed to process or client cannot be found responsive, then who will pay me for my works? Will Upwork pay me on behalf of my client? I am talking about it because I am messaging my client for two days. But I still didn't get any response from him.

If you followed Petra's response above, and did the things she mentioned, then yes, Upwork will pay you on behalf of the client.

rkmahin
5 of 5

@Kathy T wrote:

@R. K. M wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

AND

AND

AND

Thanks, Petra!

If you followed Petra's response above, and did the things she mentioned, then yes, Upwork will pay you on behalf of the client.

Thanks, Kathy! Hope to get something positive soon.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS