cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly job has been closed

barnikdas
Barnik D Member Since: Jul 18, 2017
1 of 11

Hello, Greetings!! it has been observed that few clients suddenly close their job and they did not hired anyone. so we basically loose 2 connects. And it not good for us as now we have limited connects to apply job. so just wanted that if possible Upwork needs check this kind of jobs those are closed without hiring anyone then connects should be added to freelancer account. It is my observation and what you feel like? --Barnik

voskerchian
Community Guru
Hasmik V Member Since: Aug 12, 2017
2 of 11

Hey Barnik,

If you go to Reports, then connects history, you will see that you are getting back the connects for the jobs that have been canceled without hiring anyone. 

Best wishes!

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 11

You lose connects any time you bid and don't get hired--there's nothing special about a situation in which the client hires someone from a different platform or whatever instead of hiring here. You just didn't win the job.

aaron_luigi
Community Guru
Aaron Luigi L Member Since: Dec 28, 2014
4 of 11

Hi Barnik,

Appreciate you sharing your feedback about submitting proposals. Connects used to submit proposal to a job that didn't materialize into a freelancer hire are reimbursed. Read more about Connects policy through this article -- Use Connects.

Job Postings are being reviewed within a set timeframe which gives us the time and chance to remove posts that do not follow our Terms of Service.

Thanks and all the best in your career in the platform!

- Aaron
Untitled
tlsanders
Community Guru
5 of 11

@Aaron Luigi L wrote:

Connects used to submit proposal to a job that didn't materialize into a freelancer hire are reimbursed.

Is that accurate, Aaron? Other moderators have said in the past that if the job is closed by the client without hire or closed by Upwork for a TOS violation, connects are refunded, but if it's simply abandoned, they are not.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 11

That's correct, Tiffany. Since Aaron was replying to Barnik's question about closed jobs, he didn't specify.

To confirm, connects used for jobs that the client didn't hire anybody for and that were closed are returned.

~ Valeria
Upwork
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
7 of 11

@Valeria K wrote:

That's correct, Tiffany. Since Aaron was replying to Barnik's question about closed jobs, he didn't specify.

To confirm, connects used for jobs that the client didn't hire anybody for and that were closed are returned.

Valeria, I'm sorry, but this is not clear. The only time connects are returned is when the client cancels the job or if Upwork delists the job for whatever reason. A freelancers' connects are NOT returned if the client does not hire for whatever reason.  I have applied for dozens of jobs where the client has not hired, and my connects most certainly have not been returned.

Please could Upwork hire someone whose English is crystal clear when it comes to what is what vis-a-vis connects.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 11

Sorry about the confusion, Nichola.

In my previous post I said, "jobs that the client didn't hire anybody for and that were closed."

In other words, two conditions need to be met in order for connects to be returned.

- There are no hires on the job post.

- The job post was closed (doesn't matter if it's closed by the client or by Upwork.)

~ Valeria
Upwork
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
9 of 11

No - there are not two conditions.

It is confusing if you add no hire. There are many no hires but the jobs have not been closed. You should leave "no hire" out of it.

You only get your connects back if the client cancels/closes the job or if Upwork delists it. That is clear.

tlsanders
Community Guru
10 of 11

Leaving "no hire" out of it would suggest (in fact, technically say) that connects are returned on all closed jobs...which would include all of the jobs on which someone was hired.

To me, Valeria's language was clear. However, the idea that Aaron's statement was intended to apply only to this particular situation doesn't really fly, as the sentence standing alone states a blanket rule that isn't the actual rule.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS