🐈 Community
zacgman

[Suggestion] Before Final Milestone/ Funds Release force clients to close contracts & leave feedback

Hey all.

Short suggestion from me, and Vet ODesk Users please do not give me the typical "It's your responsibility to monitor clients" - I completely agree, however, once they have a deliverable they have very little reason to return to Up work unless they need more work done.

Heres the suggestion, heavily influenced by my last months experience of having 3 contracts without any funds remaining, no remaining milestones, but the contracts stay open and inactive with no feedback. Can Up work Introduce a system to prompt clients to leave feedback before they release the final installment of funds or the last milestone? 

2 REPLIES 2
versailles

@Zac G wrote:

Can Up work Introduce a system to prompt clients to leave feedback before they release the final installment of funds or the last milestone?  

I second your suggestion.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
paperdog

I got flamed for asking the same question a few weeks ago.   The problem lies with the scoring of performance,..being left entirely up to the client (which makes sense) .    I had suggested that in the contract to stipulate an assurance that honest feed-back (For better or worse) would not be neglected by the client.   But Gurus appear to disagree with that Idea.  

All I can say is for us to 'suck it up" and do our best to satisfy the client.   If a client is such that they cant fulfill the feed-back, just remember... You can provide feed back on them.  (and it doesnt have to be nasty ...it only has to be true.. FOr example a poor rating with the comment  "Client did not provide feedback..."  would suffice... It reflects on their score and as more people see that score, the less support  the freelanceers are inclined to provide.   

Upwork clients arent the last train stop in IT America... The key is to stay nimble , on our feet, ready to serve and on occasion, dodget the negatiivity that comes with the territory.. 😛

This is my humble opinion ...not written in stone 

Learning Paths