Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Contract Ended Show in Message Room

Highlighted
Community Guru
Elba A Member Since: Feb 28, 2017
1 of 5

Hi Upwok Team, I searched for this but could not find it.

Everything important happens in the message room, of course!!!

1.- If invited and freelancer accepts the interview

2.- If freelancer sends a proposal and client wants to discuss details, or whatever

3.- If an offer is received

4.- If freelancer accepts the offer (either hourly or fixed)

5.- If freelancer sends work thru milestone

6.- If a milestone is paid and

7.- If a new milestone is funded

I think that's pretty much the stuff/actions that are displayed there so...

Let's consider this:

8.- If a contract is ended by either party (I know both receive an email), but if this action is also shown in the message room with the link to give feedback (xxx end the contract and... like the email), maybe, and it's just a big maybe, clients are inclined to leave feedback as well, when freelancers end contracts from their ends.

What do you think?, Do you think this could help? just a thought. Thanks

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Hello Elba,

Thank you for sharing your suggestion here with us. I will share this with our team so they can consider your suggestion. Thanks!

Untitled
Community Guru
3 of 5

Hi All as far as know this had been implemented, so a big thanks to you all, but here we go again: Everything important happens in the Message Room!

9.- So, if a contract is put on Hold / Suspended, it should be shown in the Message Room too.

Of course, I received a notification from Upwork, and notice that the contract is not listed in time tracker, so I'm not able to log more hours (sorry this is my first suspended contract, I did not know that).  About this week hours I'm not worried at all, I logged all my hours properly with super high levels of activity, screens showing client's work only and of course with meaning full memos inputted immediately), and I already know I don't have to do anything but...

If a notification is shown in the Message Room itself, with pertinent info, like:

a.- Client: Please contact Upwork to uplift the suspension so your freelancers can resume work.

b.- Freelancer: Stop all work until further notice.

And that's it! no more (unless you want to) but not less, and you are not sharing any personal info for either side.

This could be easily applied when a freelancer is suspended too.

Community Guru
4 of 5

Here I am again! As said it before everything important should happen in the message room, and these notifications should not be left out.

Yesterday I got [another] contract put on hold (yeah! credit card date expires), no problem there, even though Upwork contacted the client, when I receive more work, I message my client and she resolved the issue.

So, I see the contract isn't on hold anymore, in the app is there too, but I never receipt the notification from Upwork, is that ok? I was able to track time again, just to be extra extra extra sure that everything is ok [Contract ID: 20845609] and ok to resume work.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Elba,

I checked and can confirm that the contract has been resumed. You and your client should be all set and can continue working on the contract.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS