Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Edit Cover Letter

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
1 of 26

How many times have any of you written a cover letter and found you had an error after you submitted even though you tried to be very careful? I really really wish that there were an option to go back and edit cover letters.

PS

Especially Friday when I am tired and I type faster then my brain is working.....

jamesseligman
Community Guru
James S Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 26

I know of at least 3 times recently; 1 of them I actually got the project.

But sometimes when you type or see the same word that you use over and over again in your cover letter, you just mentally skip over it; then after you send it. BAM! OOPS! Dang it!

View solution in original post

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 26

James,

You hit it on the nail. I was doing this earlier. I looked at it and looked at it before I sent it, and dagnabit I had a space between letters cause my dang keyboard sticks and somehow I missed it, but we really need to be able to go back and edit.

And thank you for the giggle on Friday evening.

abdulrazaq89
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
4 of 26

But on Upwork, there is no option to edit your cover letter. Sometimes, I disappoint. 

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 26

It is so, so easy to make mistakes in a proposal (especially now with the minute font), which for editing and proofreading can be fatal!

Elance has an edit feature, which is really, really useful. Not only for mistakes, but also if a client has not been clear on a few details and then comes back with his or her own edited offer, you can go in an adapt your proposal accordingly.

I do hope this is something that will be carried over from Elance when the merge finally happens.

jadt65
Community Leader
Julie T Member Since: Sep 29, 2011
6 of 26

I can understand the possible rationale for not allowing proposals to be edited (prevent scamming) but a nice balance would to allow a 5 minute editing window. I am the queen of typos and I have hit the submit button a bit too quickly at times. Yeah, those typos have possibly cost me contracts.   

zach_z
Zach Z Member Since: Oct 21, 2015
7 of 26

Again, Kudos to Nichola. Upwork should simply take over Elance and abandon all this green+white fronted code. Elance works great! It's like we're all "alpha testing Windows Vista" here on Upwork, after "using Windows 7" on elance. I'm not liking the big step down to Upwork.

Even the name is worse than Elance. They should've stuck with Elance, both in name and in usability.

I can edit this post, why not my proposal/application/cover letter (I think Upwork should come up with a few more names for the same thing, don't you?).

This is a reply to Nichola. Can you tell? No, you can't. The forum is simply junk, but at least I can edit the post.

Regarding the final leap to Upwork from Elance: I get a bad feeling about this.

cheemamohita
Mohita C Member Since: Dec 22, 2015
8 of 26

yes.. a sufferer myself. 

bartonico_virgie
Virgie B Member Since: Oct 21, 2017
9 of 26

Ma'am Sir:

Kindly show me how to edit my cover letter,  Instead of part time, I type par time.  How will I change it.

Hoping to hear from you.  Thank you.

Virgie Bartonico

melaniemaghanoy
Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
10 of 26

Hi Virgie,

Unfortunately we do not have the feature to edit the proposal that you sent as of this time. You will have to withdraw the proposal you sent and re-apply again.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS