Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Faster withdrawal for trusted freelancers

Highlighted
Marwan A Member Since: Dec 18, 2008
1 of 5

Hi,

As a freelancer who always work with long-term clients I have never had any issues/disputes regarding my logged hours for the past 7 years which makes the Review Period in the weekly billing cycle really unecessary.

It would be a great feature if Upwork allows the client to drop out the Review Period for the freelancers they trust.

Withdrawing my earnings 4 days after the work week ends is much better than 10 days!

Please give thumbs up if you like this suggestion.

Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 5

yeah totally agree still waiting for a payment for which work was completed 10 days back...

and not sure why fixed escrowed payment be credited immediately. it can only be released by the client and how can there be any issue regarding that..

atleast fixed escrowed payments should be credited immediately on release.

3 of 5

Bumping for people in different time-zones to see.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 5

I think allowing clients to do this as a blanket option for a freelancer would be a mistake. It seems likely that many clients would do it (particularly since many freelancers would likely hound clients for it, or even negotiate rates based on the ability to receive payment more quickly) and then when something went wrong, those clients would be beating down Upwork's door looking for their money back.

It would be nice if hourly clients had the opportunity to affirmatively approve a week's hours when they've had a chance to review them, rather than having the 5-day review period set in stone, but I have no idea what it would take from a technical perspective for Upwork to implement that, and it might turn out to be a negative for clients--freelancers using milestones frequently report ceaselessly harassing clients to approve milestones immediately, and perhaps the same problem would arise with regard to hourly contracts. 

5 of 5

That's a nice idea too.

Let's hope Upwork has some plans/ideas to improve the weekly billing cycle.

It seems it is the only part in Upwork that has not been updated since its early days despite the huge changes in the plateform in the past couple of years.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
User Accepted Solutions Count
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS