🐈 Community
daysky

Suggestion: Feedback during job, not just at the end

Please give clients the opportunity to give positive feedback that appears on your profile before the job is over. I have had clients for months or even years who give me direct compliments but don't rate me at all in the end. It would be great if they could give feedback after so many milestones. 

5 REPLIES 5
wlyonsatl

Why not ask very long-term clients to divide up their projects into multi-month sub-projects, which they can close at certain milestones, after which you both agree they can re-hire you whenever they wish (even immediately).

Every time they close a project they can leave feedback, as can you. I don't know whether this is a violation of Upwork's rules, but someone else here will know.

There is already a type of feedback that clients provide to freelancers during a job. It is called "money."

That's not how Upwork sees it. The amount of pay booked by a freelancrer thru Upwork has no effect on the freelancer's JSS.

@Will L wrote:

That's not how Upwork sees it. The amount of pay booked by a freelancrer thru Upwork has no effect on the freelancer's JSS.

How do you know? I'm almost sure that long-term contracts that earn money are good karma for the JSS.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

He doesn't know, it's a good question and option, I notice that Preston and Petra always seem to make snarky, bitter and sarcastic comments all over the forums. We should buy them some cookies. 

Learning Paths