cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Suggestion] Inform All Hiring Clients about the minimum hourly rate.

Ken Weill L Member Since: Dec 22, 2012
1 of 3
oDesk should inform or let the clients aware that oDesk has a new minimum hourly rate. I have encountered a job post that only accepts contractors with rate $2.22 with oDesk fees. Another job post also posted to accepts $1/hr rate only. But when I tried to applied for the first contractor, I get an error on oDesk telling me that I have to enter a rate (paid to me) between $2.71 and $899.1 I contacted oDesk via Live Chat and told me that it's the minimum rate for hourly jobs. It was also confirmed that nobody will be able to apply that job post below $2.71/hr. Meaning, not me, and all others who try to bid for $2/hr will not be able to apply. Clients posting those job post probably doesn't know the (new?) minimum hourly rate. oDesk should inform these clients that the only way to hire contractors with their rate lower than oDesk's minimum rate should just instead open a fixed job and just pay weekly instead of opening an hourly job and demanding to pay below $2.71/hr. There's just no way for any contractor to apply for those job posts who demanded to pay below $2.71/hr and posted as an hourly job.
Ken Weill L Member Since: Dec 22, 2012
2 of 3
Weird. I just encountered another job post that accepts $2/hr rate. The one I mentioned above demanded for $2.22/hr with odesk fee but I can't enter $2/hr as my bidding rate.
Richard Anderson C Member Since: May 13, 2013
3 of 3
Now to make it stranger, mine accepts values lower than $2, down to $0.01. Maybe it's only available for new accounts (less than two years old)?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS