Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Replace Top Rated with Levels

webdevdesign
Community Leader
Michael John M Member Since: Jul 8, 2015
1 of 82

Elance levelling system is better because it compares a freelancer to first both the overall system and a freelancer chosen category. However, in Upwork there's only one higher freelancer rating (Top Rated). 

For example, In Elance, a freelancer who earns $1,000 a month is of higher level than someone who earns $100 a month. But in Upwork both are Top Rated.

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
2 of 82

I definitely agree with this. Levels are a much more graduated system; the bar for "Top Rated" is set ridiculously low. It's probably equivalent to about a level 3 on Elance.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
3 of 82

Did it ever occur to you that Upwork people are quite happy with the way things are? All we see are Elance people coming over here and screaming change this, change that, we want, we don't want, along with a lot of demeaning remarks about Upwork people. 

I'm sorry but after weeks of hearing this stuff I'm getting really fed up with it.

kugrin
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
4 of 82

@Jean S wrote:

Did it ever occur to you that Upwork people are quite happy with the way things are?

Whaaat? Really? We are? I did not get the memo because I am the opposite of happy with Upwork and in fact quite fed up with the nonsense. I also like the suggestion because the Top Rated criteria are a joke.

jsutherland
Community Guru
5 of 82

@Krisztina U wrote:

@Jean S wrote:

Did it ever occur to you that Upwork people are quite happy with the way things are?

Whaaat? Really? We are? I did not get the memo because I am the opposite of happy with Upwork and in fact quite fed up with the nonsense. I also like the suggestion because the Top Rated criteria are a joke.

Your right Kristina...I should not have used the almight we Smiley Happy

With all the changes here lately it just hit a nerve this morning.

We've had so many changes, many not that great, in the last 2 1/2 months that I'm just not up for more changes which of course will be bungled royally if history is any example of how it goes here. 

fergusm1970
Community Guru
6 of 82

"We've had so many changes, many not that great"

Just imagine how the Elancers feel.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
fergusm1970
Community Guru
7 of 82

"Did it ever occur to you that Upwork people are quite happy with the way things are?"

No. Because I've been reading this forum.

spiderwisp
Ace Contributor
Tim H Member Since: Jul 7, 2015
8 of 82

We'd all gladly go back to Elance and how it was (if it were up to us, which it obviously is not).

If you think freelancers getting hammered on higher fees, forced onto a platform that doesn't function correctly and required to compete with unmatched metrics isn't something to gripe about, then perhaps you should stop reading the forums.

jsutherland
Community Guru
9 of 82

@Michael John M wrote:

For example, In Elance, a freelancer who earns $1,000 a month is of higher level than someone who earns $100 a month. But in Upwork both are Top Rated.

Why does the person who makes $1000 get a better rating than the $100 person if they both do an excellent job and both have the exact same feedback and rating from an client?

nemes
Community Guru
Zoltán N Member Since: Jul 23, 2015
10 of 82

Why does the person who makes $1000 get a better rating than the $100 person if they both do an excellent job and both have the exact same feedback and rating from an employer?

Feedback/rating and level of performance are different things, even on Elance... (But why do you call your clients "employers"?) Smiley Surprised

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS