Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Replace Top Rated with Levels

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
11 of 82

Why do you have a picture where you have your middle finger up basically giving people the "bird"?

spiderwisp
Ace Contributor
Tim H Member Since: Jul 7, 2015
12 of 82

"Why does the person who makes $1000 get a better rating than the $100 person if they both do an excellent job and both have the exact same feedback and rating from an client?"

For starters because the $1000 earner made Upwork 10 times more money.

Plus, I wanted to resurrect this thread because it's an excellent idea.

Upwork PLEASE ditch the JS system for a level system.

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
13 of 82

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
abbycampbell911
Abby C Member Since: Jul 23, 2015
14 of 82

Actually, Elance's levels are based on different criteria - not just pay. Their levels are based on greater activity, earnings, and customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is not the five star rating but the private satisfaction rating that the freelancer can't see. 

In Upwork, customer satisfaction is shown as a job success percentage. However, I don't feel this is completely accurate as the calculation for this percentage is based on non-reviews. While a client may be satisfied, sometimes he may not know how to use the system completely or fails to review the freelancer. 

I believe both Elance and Upwork just show client satisfaction differently. 

As for the complaints on Upwork changes, this is usual for any company that undergoes changes. Recently, Upwork has taken on quite a bit with Odesk and Elance. Therefore, I'm sure Upwork will take on the best features of the companies they've assumed. However, we are one big happy family now.

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
15 of 82

I'm doing a lot of running now (3 miles a time, 3-4 times a week) and snacking less. While I seem to be a lot thinner, particularly in the face, I don't appear to be losing weight as such, do you have any tips?

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
16 of 82

Jean S wrote:
 Why does the person who makes $1000 get a better rating than the $100 person if they both do an excellent job and both have the exact same feedback and rating from an client?

I am with Jean 100%.

I am against any form of freelancer rating that means those who earn more get preference over the rest, especially when the quality of work is the same. I can list too many systems that resort to this unfair practice.

When the garbage collector cleans your street properly, and prevents disease from infesting your community; or the doctor who operates on you and removes what ails your system - why would the doctor get a higher rating because he earns more money? Both professionals do an equally excellent job. To begin with - I would pay them the same salary.

This is a slippery slope.

If you want a "Top Earner" badge - go right ahead. But never a badge that says you are more competent than me because your category earns more money!

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
17 of 82

"If you want a "Top Earner" badge - go right ahead."

I don't want any stupid badges at all. I want a steady supply of decent jobs to bid on, and a site that has decent functionality and works reliably.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
18 of 82

@fergus M wrote:

"If you want a "Top Earner" badge - go right ahead."

I don't want any stupid badges at all. I want a steady supply of decent jobs to bid on, and a site that has decent functionality and works reliably.

That's what many want but the problem at the moment is people from Elance keep making all these suggestions of how they think things should be on Upwork and it completely distracts Upwork from making the fixes to the search problems that we have been complaining about since May 5 when the new system started.

How about you support all the Upwork people in trying to get the search feature fixed and leave all the suggestions until a bit later?

Another area is the messaging system has not been working for some time and job offers are not getting through to us? Could you Elancers help us with this important fix that we need????? 

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
19 of 82

"How about you support all the Upwork people in trying to get the search feature fixed and leave all the suggestions until a bit later?"

We're "Upwork people" too, albeit not by choice. The general feeling on the Elance forum is that the search issue is just one of many serious problems with the Upwork platform, and that the functions that are missing are as much of an issue as the ones that are broken.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
webdevdesign
Community Leader
Michael John M Member Since: Jul 8, 2015
20 of 82

@Setu

• In what country is a garbage collector gets the same pay as a doctor?
  • From Upwork blog: "earnings are clear indicators of quality and consistency of work."

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS