Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Replace Top Rated with Levels

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
81 of 82

I don't really expect anything to change. Meh. I'll bring my existing clients here early next year unless a lawyer says I don't have to, but I'm not going to build my entire business model around Upwork the way I unwisely did around Elance. If you rely on one source of work then, when it's taken away from you, you're in trouble. I'm diversifying my sources of new clients and Upwork probably isn't going to play a major part in that.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
stencilmedia
Community Leader
Scott E Member Since: Feb 24, 2015
82 of 82

I think $10K is maybe a bit too high as a barrier for entry, but I agree that there should definately be a minimum. There might be some really talented people that deliver great work, but only get a small portion of their work from here.

$1000 is probably about right, maybe $2500 or $5000 would be better, but I think there should be a minimum amount of jobs to acheive the badge. As the badge is also based on reviews and JS (as far as I'm aware), just one completed job, even if it's at $10K, might not give a proper representation of their abilities. It could have been a fluke, the client was easily pleased, you had an 'off-week' and worked hard for a change etc. 

It's like asking somebody one question on a specific topic... if they get it right then it doesn't mean they're an expert in that topic. You'd need a selection of questions to decide whether they know their stuff or not.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS