🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Suggestion for Returned Connects
Page options
mwatson1982
Community Member

Suggestion for Returned Connects

Id like to suggest some functionality on this website to deal with the scenario of getting refunds connected.  Its true that one can only get connects refunded in certain circumstances. 

However, even if your scenario applies, that a refund of connects would be warranted, there are some cases where the wait to apply for your connects refund cant be within a few days.  Sometimes this is because you apply for a job, they seem to choose you and you begin talks....than the potential client just goes silent. The job is still up so the silence isnt because they chose another Upwork applicant, but rather they may have choosen an applicant from another job board (where they posted the same job). Heck, maybe they just had second thoughts and "decided to go in a different direction", and so you essentially have to begin the act of tracking this seemingly dead open candidacy to wait for the moment that the 30 day wait goes by.

Id like some functionality that better tracks your currently used connects.  Also, a form for applying to get a refund on our connects (when all conditions have been met).  Every refund request I have done for my connects has had to go through the help center here, and taking a few extra steps to finally get the contact form where I can reach out (since the Help Center does encourage you to seek the answers to questions through the forums first). 

With this suggestion, to answer the question of "where do you think this functionality should go?" I would have to say that it should go on our "Member Ship and Connects" page.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Mary W wrote:

Heck, maybe they just had second thoughts and "decided to go in a different direction", and so you essentially have to begin the act of tracking this seemingly dead open candidacy to wait for the moment that the 30 day wait goes by.

Huh? You don't get connects refunded when a job post times out after 30 days. You also don't have to "apply" for them to be refunded. If you are eligible for returned connects, you get them back automatically.

You only get your connects back if either:

1) The client proactively cancels the job post without having hired anyone

2) Upwork removes the job post because it was in violation of the terms of service.

There should never be a need to waste your (and Support's) time by contacting Support to get any connects back...

How can it possibly, ever be a sensible way to spend one's time over things that cost $ 0.15...

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Mary W wrote:

Every refund request I have done for my connects has had to go through the help center here, and taking a few extra steps to finally get the contact form where I can reach out (since the Help Center does encourage you to seek the answers to questions through the forums first). 

You've had your connects refunded (many times, by the sound of it)? Under what circumstances?

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Mary,

Support doesn't review a job posting "so they can know whether they should refund you your connects". I know this is what matters to you, but it won't be the reason why they will review the job posting. 

They will review your flag of a client/job posting to know if it/they violate(s) the TOS.

In case of violation, they will then proceed to take down the job posting, and your connects will be refunded.

Please note that your connects won't be refunded if you had already been hired on the project and Upwork terminates the contract because of TOS violation by the client. 

Abinadab A wrote:

Mary,

Support doesn't review a job posting "so they can know whether they should refund you your connects". I know this is what matters to you, but it won't be the reason why they will review the job posting. 

They will review your flag of a client/job posting to know if it/they violate(s) the TOS.

In case of violation, they will then proceed to take down the job posting, and your connects will be refunded.

Please note that your connects won't be refunded if you had already been hired on the project and Upwork terminates the contract because of TOS violation by the client. 

Great, except that the OP states pretty clearly that she's been filling in forms and getting her connects refunded. I would like to hear more from Upwork about this. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths