🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suggestion needed regarding Change in Niche
Page options
dangol_dipen
Community Member

Suggestion needed regarding Change in Niche

Hello everyone, I need suggestions regarding niche change in my profile. I recently change my profession from a graphic designer to more niched area i.e label and packaging design. I just want to know if its ok or am I going for more competitive niche? I changed it because I never got any invitation while my niche was graphic designer because of high competition. Did I do the right thing? Any suggestions would be really appreciate and helpful.

Thank you

Sohit

1 REPLY 1
celgins
Community Member

You  are right about one thing--graphic design is a highly competitive niche, so getting attention is a challenge. I think the switch to package design is a strategic move that could see some benefits. But only you can determine if it's the right move.

Most graphic designers will probably claim they can do package design, but as you probably know, product/package design requires some knowledge of marketing, placement (i.e., barcodes, labels, etc.), typography, and color theory, which product owners often use to help ensure the final design appeals to the eye.

The trick is, finding clients who understand the nuances of package design and who look for freelancers--not just a graphic designers--who understand the same.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths