🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suggestion
Page options
muhamedashraf
Community Member

Suggestion

Hello there!

I have a good suggestion maybe will improve Upwork.

I'm new here in Upwork and I'm really suffering for days to get my first project, and I'm sure that I'm not alone. 

So I'm thinking of a feature you can do for us (Upwork Newbies).

The feature is to make clients choose from two levels of freelancers:

- Level one: People have made projects and have reviews that can get them jobs easily (with the regular payment).

- Level two (Upwork Newbies): Client is gonna choose people who are new and have no past projects in Upwork.

Why he's gonna pick Level two freelancers?

- He can pick us because he's gonna save alot of money or make the job for free.

Why we (The Newbies) take the jobs for free or for less than the regular average for it?

- Because we need someone to give us reviews and make jobs for less money or for free and after doing the first 5 projects as example we cannot apply for these type because we are not Newbies no more we became level one freelancers.

Thank you for reading this and I hope this feature is done. 

Reach me there if you have any questions

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

8 REPLIES 8
elisa_b
Community Member

Muhamed A wrote:

or make the job for free

Working for free is not allowed on Upwork.

For new freelancers with no reviews or history, it is hard to find the first client. But every freelancer on this platform, even the most successful one, has been a beginner at some point.

I do not think clients would find useful such an option, they can already set their budget/expectations and choose accordingly.

Okay I'm good with the point that is not fair to work for free, but there's people who are suffering and they may accept this to for a few projects to get a experience that will make him get projects.

It is not a matter of being fair or unfair. Working for free is simply not allowed on Upwork: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500007578942-What-kind-of-jobs-aren-t-allowed-on-Upwor...

Muhamed A wrote:

Okay I'm good with the point that is not fair to work for free, but there's people who are suffering and they may accept this to for a few projects to get a experience that will make him get projects.

If somebody needs experience, they can volunteer to work for a charity. There's no point in working for free on Upwork, because any review that you get for such a client will not be visible in your profile. You're allowed to bid as low as $3/hour or as little as $5/project though, so that should be cheap enough, i.e. nearly free?

spectralua
Community Member

Are you realy think that them can get them jobs easily? Good joke. I have no jobs an month, just wasting money for connects more and more. 😁

Clients gone. No more jobs here for tops as well as for newbies. But lot of scamers instead.

Yeah I see too many scammers in here, I know bro but it's easier for you to get the projects we both sent proposal to.

yofazza
Community Member

I occasionally see new freelancers get like 6 jobs in the first month or similar. On the other hand there are old freelancers who don't get jobs or even proposal views for months.

We're under the mercy of the sorting algo. Don't depend your life or build your business on 3rd parties (if link deleted, it's about someone who built an entire profitable business on facebook that went south after an algo change).

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Clients can already see that some freelancers are new and don't charge very much. If they want to hire that type of freelancer, they can do so. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members