🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suggestions for the content of job postings.
Page options
catherinehanna
Community Member

Suggestions for the content of job postings.

Hi,

I just wanted to suggest a couple of things to those who control the website, as a freelancer trying in vain to find viable writing work:

1.  Can there please be some way to limit/reduce the number of students asking people to write their high school/college papers for them?  This is obviously an unscrupulous use of this website's services, and I'm sick of having to waste my time thumbing them down to get them out of my visible job feed.  (I also can't be the only one who wrote all their own papers to get through school and feels completely incensed by this.)  Thanks.

2.  Recently, I've noticed a substantial increase in the frequency of postings requiring the job applicant to have actual experience working in a particular field in society, not just as a writer (i.e. "must have experience in the medical field, real estate" etc.).  If it doesn't exist already on the client's end, could you perhaps develop a special tag for these types of jobs so that those of us who are simply writers can filter these listings from our job feed?  I'm not sure what you would call it- maybe something like "hands-on experience required" or something- but it would be really nice to not get to the end of a long job posting only to find that I'm not qualified because I don't have real-world experience in the field.

Thanks very much, 
C.

2 REPLIES 2
jmlaidlaw
Community Member

Re #1 above:  Some of us have been screaming about that from  the virtual mountaintops for literally years. What can I say except the old "From your lips to God's ears"?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Catherine. 

Please know that when you see a job post that violates academic integrity, or the Upwork Terms of Service, you should be able to flag the job post as inappropriate, and add details on the report for the team's review. 

When a job is flagged all of it's aspects as well as the client's account are reviewed by the team. Sometimes there is no evidence of violation in the job post, invitation, or messages. In this case, we rely on the Community to report a job via a ticket and attach relevant screenshots of a Skype chat or email as an evidence. 

Just the same, I will make sure to share your feedback with the team for their consideration. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members