Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
1 of 11

I received an email today, from Elance. Along with the usual message stating that they are redirecting all new jobs to Upwork, it asked for suggestions to make Upwork better. So, I'm starting my suggestions here. I don't want to ovrewhelm them so I'm keeping it to a list of 5.

1. Add reature on FREELANCER'S side to change an hourly job to a fixed rate job. Something similar to how it was done on Elance.

2. Expand the number of samples that a freelancer can atach to their proposal.

3. Do away with the option of how many HOURS a freelancer must have as a requirement for a job. (Make it number of jubs regardless of whether they were hourly or fixed rate jobs)

4. Reduce the time it takes to transfer earnings once you get paid. If Elance was able to do that, and other freelancing sites are able to do that with NO problems, then there is no reason this site can do that also.

5. Make seperate workrooms for all jobs including the messages pertaining to those jobs.

hire5freelancer
Nik P Member Since: Mar 13, 2017
2 of 11

Hello Upwork,

I recently started using upwork and it is very interesting website for freelancer. I am freelancer & having 5+ years of experience in website/web app design & development.

today i find one bug in upwork. 

I checked some jobs in upwork and select some among them to bid. 

i select 1st one and started bidding and i find one bug whenevr i click on SUBMIT A PROPOSAL it will re-directed to apply to job page , but parallel i find one bug that it shows notfication in the bell at top right corner (in orange colour ) check attached screenshots 1, 2, 3 . and you can check 4a & 5a which proves there are same notifcation in the panel.

Check images here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/6z95qqy9in1aw9w/upwork%20bug.rar?dl=0

and there isn't any new notification but it is always showing whenever you apply to new job. kindly check and solve it.

I would love to be part of upwork !

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 11

@Nik P wrote:

Hello Upwork,

I recently started using upwork and it is very interesting website for freelancer. I am freelancer & having 5+ years of experience in website/web app design & development.

today i find one bug in upwork. 

I checked some jobs in upwork and select some among them to bid. 

i select 1st one and started bidding and i find one bug whenevr i click on SUBMIT A PROPOSAL it will re-directed to apply to job page , but parallel i find one bug that it shows notfication in the bell at top right corner (in orange colour ) check attached screenshots 1, 2, 3 . and you can check 4a & 5a which proves there are same notifcation in the panel.

Check images here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/6z95qqy9in1aw9w/upwork%20bug.rar?dl=0

and there isn't any new notification but it is always showing whenever you apply to new job. kindly check and solve it.

I would love to be part of upwork !

I'm getting the notification orange button too, but no new notifications. I'm also getting three to five message notifications both in the message room and in in my email box for just one message. It is very irritating.

hire5freelancer
4 of 11

Yes, So it is the bug. the system is auto generating notification when the click query fires on the button "SUBMIT A PROPOSAL 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 11

Nik,

Just to clarify what I see on your screenshots, you view a notification so no orange dot is showing, then apply for a job and after that the orange dot is showing for the notification you just viewed?

Edit: our engineers are already aware of this issue and are investigating it.

~ Valeria
Upwork
hire5freelancer
6 of 11

Exactly, I don't have any notification in upwork but when i open any job and press SUBMIT A PROPOSAL then it will showing the orange dot on right top notification (bell) bar. this this happens all time whenever i try too submit a proposal it shows that orange dot. 

my_upwork
Tarun K Member Since: Jun 13, 2017
7 of 11

Hi,

I have very simple suggestion but yet it can be very useful for others like me.

So here is the issue, I am a freelancer and many times I bid on project where I have to attach a file but as you can guess I submit the bid without attaching the file. This can be really disappointing because you can not edit the bid or directly talk to the client about the mistake, its done. I really hate that.

And I think there are many others like me. So what I suggest is can you do something like gmail do. If you detect "attaching" or "attached" word and you do not find any attachment upon submit "Please alert about the attachment".

I think this can be really helpful

Thank you

snowbunny1
Carrie S Member Since: Aug 26, 2017
8 of 11

I'm not sure if Upwork will see this, but I have a suggestion: 

It would be nice if my ongoing, hourly clients could leave feedback. I don't want to end the contract and restart a new one just to get feedback. It's a lot to ask of busy business owners. It would be nice if after 20 hours (or some preset amount) of work that I had the option to send a link asking for feedback. Without this feature, I feel like I am being penalized for supplying long-term, steady work when in actuality, this is the type of work that Upwork makes a steady revenue from. 

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
9 of 11

Hello Carrie,

Thank you for your suggestion. You and your client may leave feedback right after ending your contract. Open contracts for a long time won't affect your JSS if you are receiving earnings from it. Here's a link to the things that may affect your JSS. You may also leave us a feedback by logging in to your account through our website, scroll down to the bottom-most part of the page, and then click Feedback.

Untitled
snowbunny1
Carrie S Member Since: Aug 26, 2017
10 of 11

Hi Ryan, 

Thank you. However, I already knew that:) My suggestion was to do something different. Some of us work consistently for the same clients. I do bookkeeping and accounting. On average, bookkeepers retain clients for 7 years. That's a very long time to wait for feedback. 

Also, my clients are BUSY people. That is why they hire me. So I don't want to ask them to end a contract so that I can get feedback. I'm not in the business of making extra work for them. 

My suggestion was to allow us (freelancers) to request feedback after a certain number of hours. The more feedback I get, the better people feel about hiring me. If I am doing my job well...my contracts don't usually end. 

Thanks again for reminding me how to leave feedback. I've already got that one down:)

Carrie

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS