Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support, Compliance Teams Responsibility

alex-rn
Aleksandr R Member Since: Mar 19, 2016
1 of 10

Hello,

I don't know where to write to more and I think someone from Mid-Top Managers of the Support or Company take an attention at the problem, because the Support team unresponsible at all and I'm in stuck.

My account has been suspended 2 weeks! ago when I was out of my home - Support Request #5682853. After 2 days of account suspension, when I'm back home, I did all the required actions - I have passed identity verification process by going to secure URL you have provided by sending all the documents. Now, when I open this URL for to check the identity verification progress I can see the message

"Congratulations! Your ID has been successfully verified on Upwork. Please continue to Upwork".

But it seems my account is still suspended, because I can’t see, operate or work with my profile, proposals and I see on my page this messages

"Financial transactions for Name is Hidden (NNNNNNN) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

"The Freelancer requested is no longer available".

On support page, for my request #5682853 I have no response for already a several days.

Everyday I opening a Live chat with support to ask to follow up my request, but at the end of chat I only see the messages like this "Our apologies. I understand you. I follow up your request." and so on, but after this nothing happens!

gajendradewra
Community Leader
Gajendra D Member Since: Dec 29, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 10

you can't be sure how much time it will take! its my exprience!

View solution in original post

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 10

Hi Alexander,

I'm sorry about the delay in resolving your account suspension but I see our team is in constant communication with you, with the last reply posted this Thursday. I see there was an issue with some of the documents you submitted and that you updated the ticket with another document on Thursday afternoon. I'll follow up with the team to check your account status and you'll be notified through your main ticket.

Please refrain from submitting additional Support tickets and initiating chat sessions. Thank you for your patience.

Untitled
alex-rn
4 of 10

Hello Vladimir,

Thank you for your response and attention to my issue. Sorry for my late reply.

Support representative answers me very slowly with this very serious issue that must be resolved ASAP, because it is a full block. And constant communication not means productive communication.

I found that support representative works as a robot, but not a human with their own mind and can not think. Yes, it looks tough and rough, but it is a reflection of reality in this particular case,

And one more thing. Here's ta final reply from support representative on that case:

It is very important that you do not use your account from a U.S sanctioned country in the future or we will not be able to resume your service.

I am not a politician and I do not care about politics. I just live on the planet and moving around it. But this is not the case, and I know it can be endless dispute.

The fact is, as the company in the face of customer support representative treated me.

1. It's looks like the case specifically delayed the whole process of unblocking.
  2. Terms means if you have such problem, anyway you can be unblocked by providing the facts that you're not violating this terms. OK. But what that means in the final message of your support representative?

or we will not be able to resume your service.
    It looks like a **Edited for Community Guidelines** threat. Why? I made some harmful things or damage to the company that the company's employee allow themself to speak to me like that?

I'm not sure it is company's policy or your employee just not competent. So please take a look at how you and your employees communicating to your clients who is paying for your services.

Thank you.

Alexander

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 10

@Alexander R wrote:

1. or we will not be able to resume your service.
    It looks like a dictatorship threat. Why?

Because Upwork would be in very deep legal trouble with the US government if they had any dealings with a person located (even temporarily) in a sanctioned country.

It is really quite simple.

When you visit Crimea, DO NOT LOG INTO YOUR UPWORK ACCOUNT.

alex-rn
6 of 10

Hi Petra,

Thanks for your reply.

One alternative interpretation of your answer may be like - "Ask the company each time, can you go to some place of the planet or not?". Where do you know which places you can visit and which not?

Didn't you think it is strange?

Anyway it can be endless dispute.

OK, you don't know about it and was blocked, but when you provide all the facts that you are not there already and this was a temporary travel, why the company make the problems by wasting time for the resolution of this issue? I described all this things in my reply to Vladimir.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 10

@Alexander R wrote:

1) One alternative interpretation of your answer may be like - "Ask the company each time, can you go to some place of the planet or not?". Where do you know which places you can visit and which not?

2) Didn't you think it is strange?

3)  why the company make the problems by wasting time for the resolution of this issue? I described all this things in my reply to Vladimir.

1) No. You simply look up the list of sanctioned countries and then avoid logging into your Upwork account on your next holiday in Iran or Syria....

2) No, but you are free to complain to the US government about their federal laws.

3) Because they would rather not be hit by million Dollar penalties because of your travels 😉

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 10

Hi Alexander,

I'm sorry you interpreted our agent's reply in this way. I've checked your communication with Customer Support and can confirm that the agent shared correct information, in the appropriate manner, while explaining our ToS and responding to your follow-up questions.

I applaud your worldview but please understand that there are legal regulations and restrictions Upwork must comply with, as we have announced here.

Untitled
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 10

Hi Alexander,

I am happy to inform you that the issues with your account have been sorted out and it's been resumed. 

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

~ Valeria
Upwork
alex-rn
10 of 10

Hello Valeria.

I am sorry for my late reply. And thank you for your attention and support.

I am also glad that I have enough forces to solve this problem. But it was very difficult and I do not think everyone will be able to pass this. So I want you to pay attention to how best to help your customers and do not put them into the problems.

Thank you.

Alexander

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS