Support Live Chat Window Disappears

I contacted support via live chat. After the initial discussion, the chat window simply disappeared. Whenever I tried clicking on the help request button again, the chat would sometimes appear for 1-2 seconds then disappear again. This is quite frustrating. Is this a browser issue? I'm using Chrome. 

28 REPLIES 28
prestonhunter

Upwork's support pages are designed this way. They chat functionality is on the page, but it is intentionally hidden at times when chat support is not available.

Sometimes there are unintentional technical glitches with the system. But for the most part, if you see the chat tool disappear, or don't see it at all, it means that Upwork intends to block chat availability.

Unfortunately, the chat disappeared mid-conversation. When the chat re-appeared momentarily, I could see messages from the support staff asking why I wasn't responding. For a time I could also hear audible pings indicating new messages on the chat, but the window would simply not appear. Is there a fix to this problem or should I simply try again after a while?

Are you using any pop up blockers? (Anti-adware) They have a nasty habit of interfering with chat windows because they mistake them for pop ups.

Hi Lord, you might want to try and clear cache and cookies of the current browser you're using or try a different browser.

Hope this helps!

liz-smith6

Sorry if this is beating a dead horse, but the same just happened to me. The chat window completely disappeared in the middle of a conversation and I can't bring it back up. I tried clearing my cache, cookies, tried a different browser, etc. 

Sorry about that, Liz. We'll have somebody follow up with you on that ticket to make sure your concerns are addressed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Logged into Upwork today and the Chat option is nowhere to be found, not even to start. The Support functionality is not working either - will not allow me to Submit a request to tell them about the problem with their site OR my particular problem. Only lets me talk to Community. But I need to submit a request about something very specific to my account (not the usual stuff) that Community can't help me with. It seems they have blocked every avenue for contact, whether intentionally or website malfunctioning I can't say.... But it is a trend that more and more sites push us off to FAQ pages and Community pages, and make it near impossible to actually talk with anyone in the organization.... Cost saving perhaps, but no fun for clients or staff made redundant...

I am having this exact same issue, and no response from moderators in the Community or on the older support ticket that I can still enter messages on.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jess,

I checked and was able to access the option to submit a request, contact chat support or phone support while using your account. Please make sure to describe your question and select the option to receive further assistance after clicking Next.

Support.png

Untitled

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Jess,

I checked and was able to access the option to submit a request, contact chat support or phone support while using your account. Please make sure to describe your question and select the option to receive further assistance after clicking Next.

Support.png

I have no way to access that window. There is no button available anywhere on the support page for me to contact anyone in any manner whatsoever. "Get help from Upwork" flashes in a green rectangle while the page is loading, then completely disappears and is replaced with lists of unhelpful support articles. If I enter text in the search box, I only get an additional list of unhelpful articles in response, no way to actually contact support directly.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jess,

It's by design that related Help articles are offered first for the topic a user selects, since they offer answers to a large number of requests we regularly receive. Once you enter relevant details and click Next, do you see a pop-up window with two buttons at the bottom?

Untitled

There is nowhere for me to enter "relevant details." There is no "Next" button. There is no way to get to a pop up window of any kind.

All I see on the support page, once the page has fully loaded, is a search box, under "How Can We Help?" If I enter something there, it brings me search results, but no option to actually contact support. Clicking on a topic gives me a list of articles about that topic, but, AGAIN, NO WAY TO CONTACT SUPPORT.

When I first load the page, there's a green rectangle that appears with "Get Help from Upwork." Then it DISAPPEARS, and there is no way to click on it before it does so.

There is reference in one of the support articles to a floating "get help" button, but I see no such thing. I'm not running any ad blocking software, my cache is clean, my browser is updated.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067878-Contact-Upwork-Customer-Support

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 11.59.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 12.01.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 12.02.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-20 at 12.02.31 PM.png

Jess,

Could you please let us know which browser and OS you are using so we could check again? We haven't been able to replicate the issue you are having. The button, Vladimir was referring to should show like this:

Screenshot_7.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

Chrome on a Mac, as I posted in my other thread regarding this issue a couple of WEEKS ago. That button does not appear.

Thanks for the info, Jess. We'll investigate and get back to you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Jess,

Our developers implemented a fix for the issue that may have been affecting your ability to submit support ticket. Could you please check if you see the Help button on this page now?

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

Jess,

Our developers implemented a fix for the issue that may have been affecting your ability to submit support ticket. Could you please check if you see the Help button on this page now?

Just seeing your reply now.

I can see the get help button, finally. I follow the steps and then get to the "submit ticket" options and the email option is not functional. I opened a chat, which seemed to work, but I don't have time for that. The representative immediately supplied me with the main support page link instead of responding to the issue at hand - which is that EMAIL tickets are unavailable because the link is unresponsive. Chat support is like no support at all. This has been going on for far too long!

Jess,

Were you using Chrome on Mac again earlier when you accessed Help Center and tried to submit a ticket? It appears you were using a different OS.

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Valeria K wrote:

Jess,

Were you using Chrome on Mac again earlier when you accessed Help Center and tried to submit a ticket? It appears you were using a different OS.

Same behavior on both Chrome on a Chromebook and Chrome on a Mac. The email link is not active and the button does nothing.

I also really don't appreciate the Support representative on chat chiding me about how "important" it is to keep responding to the same support ticket when I'm very obviously having problems with the ticket system itself - no way to test it otherwise!

Hi Dianne,

I was able to submit a support request while using your account. Please note that chat support is not available for all users at all time and feel free to share the account-related question in a support request.

Untitled

I had the same right now.... got an out of the blue job offer and wanted some intel prior to accepting.... 

chat window just just flashed and vanished, then I got a message about a missed chat....

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petra,

Please let me know if this happens again and I'll ask our team to investigate. Do you have access to chat support and can submit a support request now?

Untitled

Thanks Vlad, it could have been an iPad issue 🙂

The lovely A... followed up via ticket immediately and I am sure I'll get a prompt response as always.

Hi,

May I know is there any specific time that the chat support on upwork help center is active? Because I cannot find it.

Hi Michael, 

We're happy to help. Were you experiencing any issue today?

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm trying to reach the chat support to check on my payment because it's more than 1 week but money still not on my bank account first time it happened.

Hi Michael, 

I checked and the withdrawal was successfull on our end. Please wait atleast 8-business days for the withdrawal to reflect on your account. If it hasn't reflected after 8-business days, please get in touch with our Support Team so that they can initiate a trace for you.

~ Avery
Upwork
svimp

Same thing happend to me once. On Google Chrome Browser.