🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Support chat?
Page options
al_hayes
Community Member

Support chat?

Greetings, all.

I have been funneled into posting here by the local bots... 🙂

I had a specific question about Upwork client interaction and I wanted to speak directly to a chat support agent as I could not find the exact info I needed in this case on the discussion forums. I'm fairly new to Upwork but I recently achieved the wonderful "Rising Talent" badge, and I'm almost certain that I saw one of the perks of this was being the ability to chat to a human support agent at any time. However, the other day I apparently graduated to "100% Job Score" status, which is very nice, but I seem to have lost the ability to chat directly to a real human at Upwork... or have I missed a trick?

I have a feeling I know what the response will be to this, and that I should use the community forums more etc. However, I really did like the instant chat option. Any clarification would be nice.

Thanks everyone, and have a great day!

Al.

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Al,

If our live chat is overloaded it will be temporarily disabled until our agents have assisted the current freelancers and clients.
You can always post your questions here or reach out to us Moderatos via PM if private details are involved. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Al H wrote:

I seem to have lost the ability to chat directly to a real human at Upwork... or have I missed a trick?

Chat is only available to Rising Talent and Top Rated freelancers. You can open a ticket or ask here.

al_hayes
Community Member

Chat is only available to Rising Talent and Top Rated freelancers. You can open a ticket or ask here.

So... I get promoted to being able to chat, then demoted a few days later, and now I have to work for 2 more months to be promoted and allowed chat back again? Sounds a bit strange. 🙂

Goran V wrote:

If our live chat is overloaded it will be temporarily disabled until our agents have assisted the current freelancers and clients.
You can always post your questions here or reach out to us Moderatos via PM if private details are involved. Thank you.

This seems more plausible but if Petra is correct then it just seems a bit unfair that there's a gap between Rising Talent and Top Rated (assuming I will have a smooth progress of getting there), as I have completed everything at 100% so far... 

I can only assume that someone thought that it was a good 'pep' to get people to achieving new benefits but doing it mid-way through the adventure doesn't seem right. 🙂

Thanks anyway, all. Was just curious more than anything.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members