🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Support contact is useless
Page options
hackett-simon
Community Member

Support contact is useless

I cannot stand the Community Bot - it never understands the questions or what one is looking for.

It is infuriating. Why can't there be a general help button? 

I have a quetion about my profile but can't work out anything that is suggested in the help topics

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Simon H wrote:

I have a quetion about my profile but can't work out anything that is suggested in the help topics

What's your question?

Your profile needs a lot of work. There is barely anything there. 

Hello Petra

That is part of the issue. I can not find or obtain answers pertianing to my profile.

Work area - I am new to the Voiceover but have samples I have recorded but it s not clear if owork is what one does now while waiting for a commission etc or in my case voice over work from the past. I obviously have none. 

I may even have to delete my profile and start again

Any advise or assistance would be useful

Thank you 

Regards

Simon 

Simon H wrote:

Hello Petra

That is part of the issue. I can not find or obtain answers pertianing to my profile.

Work area - I am new to the Voiceover but have samples I have recorded but it s not clear if owork is what one does now while waiting for a commission etc or in my case voice over work from the past. I obviously have none. 

I may even have to delete my profile and start again

Any advise or assistance would be useful

Thank you 

Regards

Simon 

Don't diss the bot! He is doing everything he can...

No, don't delete your profile and start new. You can only have one profile, ever, so just change what you need to change there.

Simon H wrote:

Work area - I am new to the Voiceover but have samples I have recorded but it s not clear if owork is what one does now while waiting for a commission etc or in my case voice over work from the past.

Create voice over samples and put them in your portfolio. It's the most important part of your profile, especially in your category. Your portfolio is not just for stuff you did for clients, it's to show the quality of your skills. Make varied ones, not all the same. 5 or more, minimum.

You may want to search for other voice over artists and get inspired by how they sell themselves.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Simon, don't take the chatbot too seriously. I think of it primarily as just a toy.

The Community Forum is available 24 hours a day, and you can ask questions here that are answered by 100% real people.

It means that Upwork users have a support option which is unparalleled.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members