🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Survey No 1: Tips for New Freelancers in ...
Page options
majidadab
Community Member

Survey No 1: Tips for New Freelancers in first job

Hello

I have done a huge survey in job posting of clients under 1000$ total spending (about 20000 job posting ) and I would like to share my points which I have got from my research to new freelancers. 

Note: It is worth noting that my research was in the category of 3d modeling , CG , Architecture and interior designer categories. maybe it was not true in other categories.

FIRST GROUP: As far as I saw in my survey, job posting with very big achievements or big goals which especially followed by beautiful job description and full of charming keywords related to our skills from these kind of small clients are mostly not followed and fake with no hirings. ( in my survey : more than 95 percent ). In most of them the clients put conditions for preferred qualifications like RS,JSS,English, ...

DO NOT WASTE YOUR CONNECTS FOR THESE JOB POSTINGS !!! :(((

SECOND GROUP: On the contrary, clients with small total spendings (under 1000$) with very detailed and specific job postings and usually very small or short work which usually do not have preferred qualifications are real and have hirings. These job postings usually have attachments and are very direct to the point.

FOCUS ON THIS SECOND GROUP AND PROPOSAL FOR THEM :)))

Good Luck

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"Survey" and "personal opinion" just do not work together in this context.
You claimed to have analysed some 20k postings in 4 categories and then have come to two observations and conclusions.

Where is the evidence? How long did the survey take? Why did you exclude any client without real hiring history?

If you want to discuss your claims, get ready for questions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jr-translation
Community Member

Majid A wrote:

Hello

I have done a huge survey in job posting of clients under 1000$ total spending (about 20000 job posting ) and I would like to share my points which I have got from my research to new freelancers. 

Note: It is worth noting that my research was in the category of 3d modeling , CG , Architecture and interior designer categories. maybe it was not true in other categories.

FIRST GROUP: As far as I saw in my survey, job posting with very big achievements or big goals which especially followed by beautiful job description and full of charming keywords related to our skills from these kind of small clients are mostly not followed and fake with no hirings. ( in my survey : more than 95 percent ). In most of them the clients put conditions for preferred qualifications like RS,JSS,English, ...

DO NOT WASTE YOUR CONNECTS FOR THESE JOB POSTINGS !!! :(((

SECOND GROUP: On the contrary, clients with small total spendings (under 1000$) with very detailed and specific job postings and usually very small or short work which usually do not have preferred qualifications are real and have hirings. These job postings usually have attachments and are very direct to the point.

FOCUS ON THIS SECOND GROUP AND PROPOSAL FOR THEM :)))

Good Luck

Shouldn't you have focused on landing your first job before telling other new freelancer's what to look out for?

Thanks for reminding Jennifer. I have forgotten to focus on my first job. I wrote it in my calendar 🙂
It is just my personal opinion . Everyone is free to accept or not accept. 

But even with my very small "knowledge of Statistics". I know that It is just statistical results regardless of even being in UPWORK or not. It is a science and mathematical rules.

Fortunately UPWORK shows the status of each client to freelancers for analyzing these kinds of surveys.
 I just want to begin a discussion and other freelancers come to discuss it.

"Survey" and "personal opinion" just do not work together in this context.
You claimed to have analysed some 20k postings in 4 categories and then have come to two observations and conclusions.

Where is the evidence? How long did the survey take? Why did you exclude any client without real hiring history?

If you want to discuss your claims, get ready for questions.

lysis10
Community Member

I don't know about anyone else, but surely the tips from someone who never landed 1 job on upwork are top notch.

Now, now... he's unlocked a whole new level of "Upwork Guru"...

Back in my day, you actually had to do a gig to proclaim insight. Now you only need to "do a statistical survey"...

Speaking of which, would anyone be interested in hearing the results of my "statistical survey" about building a billion dollar e-commerce empire & dating a supermodel?

319c49bd
Community Member

I'm interested 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members