🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Suspended Account (Not Present)
Page options
478dd561
Community Member

Suspended Account (Not Present)

2 years ago, I asked a friend of mine to help me set up a freelancing account on Upwork, due to the fact that I was broke and didn't have a laptop and internet connection.

He set up the account and told me, the website didn't accept Nigerians. Unbeknownst to me, he had used a wrong profile picture, despite the fact that I had given him, my picture.

Fast forward to 2020, I made a little cash, bought a laptop, and want to start freelancing on Upwork.

So I signed up for an Upwork account and started bidding for jobs, then I logged out.

So thankfully, when I tried logging in (unbeknownst) to me, I logged into the former suspended account.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Can this suspended account be canceled?

I am a hard-working dedicated person, that will love to make a living online.

And please, I don't accept Nigerian Prince scam stereotypes. I just need a solution to my problem.

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jonathan A wrote:

2 years ago, I asked a friend of mine to help me set up a freelancing account on Upwork, due to the fact that I was broke and didn't have a laptop and internet connection.

He set up the account and told me, the website didn't accept Nigerians. Unbeknownst to me, he had used a wrong profile picture, despite the fact that I had given him, my picture.

Fast forward to 2020, I made a little cash, bought a laptop, and want to start freelancing on Upwork.

So I signed up for an Upwork account and started bidding for jobs, then I logged out.

So thankfully, when I tried logging in (unbeknownst) to me, I logged into the former suspended account.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Can this suspended account be canceled?

I am a hard-working dedicated person, that will love to make a living online.

And please, I don't accept Nigerian Prince scam stereotypes. I just need a solution to my problem.

1. It is untrue that Nigerians are not accepted. Don't believe everything your friend tells you.

2. Why did which account get suspended?

3. You can't have 2 accounts, ever.

4. You can never let anybody else access your account. 

You did so many things that are against upwork ToS that I find it refreshing that you post all of this here, for our entertainment, I presume. 

petra_r
Community Member

Jonathan A wrote:

That story doesn't make sense. If it was on a new device, how would you "unbeknown to yourself" log into another account? Or did you buy the laptop from your "friend?"

And your current account isn't verified.

478dd561
Community Member

How will you say the story doesn't add up.

I said I gave him all he asked for, like username, password, and email address.

This time around when I signed up, I signup with google login because that was the option that pops up. So I logged out yesterday, after verifying my phone number and LinkedIn address.

Then today as I was logging in, I was asked for a username, to log in.

It was then, I used my usual username because that is the username I used in opening a all my online accounts.

That was when, I saw the second address with the same password, with a different, picture. I was then like what the hell?

Jonathan A wrote:

How will you say the story doesn't add up.

I said I gave him all he asked for, like username, password, and email address.

This time around when I signed up, I signup with google login because that was the option that pops up. So I logged out yesterday, after verifying my phone number and LinkedIn address.

Then today as I was logging in, I was asked for a username, to log in.

It was then, I used my usual username because that is the username I used in opening a all my online accounts.

That was when, I saw the second address with the same password, with a different, picture. I was then like what the hell?

Nobody but you can access your account, so nobody, not your friend, uncle, or even your mother is allowed to create one for you! (What you describe suspiciously sounds like you bought an account.)

Is buying of Upwork account a thing?

Why is it that when the truth is said these days, nobody gives a **Edited for community guidelines**?

I just explained everything that happened, yet everybody is giving me their own opinions with no solutions.

Claiming I bought an Upwork account is outrageous, because, Upwork usernames cannot be changed. The fact that the first account with my username was created approximately 2 years ago, should give credibility to my story, yet everybody is raining fire on me.

I need a way to contact Upwork support directly. Is there a way?

petra_r
Community Member

Jonathan wrote:

Why is it that when the truth is said these days, nobody gives a **Edited for community guidelines**?

The truth is, your account was suspended for a plethora of policy violations. The rest of the truth is that your new account is also a policy violation.

Simples.

It was then, I used my usual username because that is the username I used in opening all my online accounts

So you knew perfectly well that there was another account, or else you'd have used the credentials you use for "all your online accounts"

Had you not known that you had another, banned Upwork account, you would not have used credentials that are different to ALL your online accounts....

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonathan,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple freelancer accounts. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths