Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended Contract

Highlighted
Oshomoji Isreal O Member Since: Aug 3, 2019
1 of 15
Hi,
Please i need a solution to this.

Upwork suspended one of my contract, client wants me to continue the work but upwork told me to cease contract with client. I have not received my payment but have done about 80% of the project. Client sent me screenshot of upwork allowing us to continue the project but the contract is still suspended. What can i do? Should i continue or cease contract?.
Ace Contributor
Robbie B Member Since: Oct 30, 2015
2 of 15

There's a thread here about it. 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Contract-Suspended/td-p/326188

I would think it's a payment problem. I've not had this issue so can't speak from experience. I'd just tell the client the contract's showing as suspended and ask them to resolve the issue. In the meantime, you'll treat it as on pause while working through other active assignments and to update you when the account problems are sorted out so you can continue where you left off. 

I wouldn't cease the contract. That's closing the door. Keep it open to give your client time to fix their issues. 

Has the project been funded or have you started work before the client's put money in Escrow?

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3 of 15

Hi Oshomoji,

Could you please send me a PM with contract ID and the screenshot of the message? I'll check that for you and assist accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
4 of 15
5 of 15
I have sent it. Have you received it?
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 15

Oshomoji Isreal O wrote:
I have sent it. Have you received it?

I think he meant the screenshot of Upwork telling the client it is ok to resume work.

Frankly, a client who threatens bad feedback for you following Upwork directions is a client I would drop so fast his suspended backside would not hit the ground.

7 of 15
So what should I do? Should i end the contract or leave it until upwork
resumes the contract
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
8 of 15

Oshomoji Isreal O wrote:
So what should I do? Should i end the contract or leave it until upwork
resumes the contract

Up to you. I would wait.

Ace Contributor
Robbie B Member Since: Oct 30, 2015
9 of 15

I'd cancel it and keep that screenshot because threatening to leave bad reviews is not how things are done. If he does he give you negative feedback, get Upwork to remove it. You only responded to an issue they raised with you.

Just a downright disrespectful client you've had the misfortune of dealing with. Let him get on with it on his own.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
10 of 15

Hi Oshomoji Isreal,

One of our team members reached out to you via support ticket to assist further with your concern. If you have any questions, please feel free to post it on the ticket and the agent will be glad to assist you. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS