Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended Contract

msaprilcruzate
April C Member Since: Apr 18, 2017
1 of 10

Hello, 

Last week I received a notification about a suspended contract from a client. I spoke to him and he said that he already fixed the problem on his behalf and I can now work again and log hours if needed, that was 2 days ago when he informed me that contract is okay now. I wonder how many days will Upwork update my contract for this client & turn it into an Active Contract again because until now it was still suspended. I hope you'll attend to my concern. Thanks!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 10

@April C wrote:

Last week I received a notification about a suspended contract from a client. I spoke to him and he said that he already fixed the problem on his behalf and I can now work again and log hours if needed, that was 2 days ago when he informed me that contract is okay now. I wonder how many days will Upwork update my contract for this client & turn it into an Active Contract again because until now it was still suspended. I hope you'll attend to my concern. Thanks!

If the contract is still suspended that means the problem with the client's account has NOT been fully sorted yet.

Had it been sorted the contract would have become active again automatically the second the client's account was resumed.

View solution in original post

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 10

April, in case the client *thinks* the problem was resolved, you might notify him that the contract is still suspended. 

4 of 10

Thank you John, will now again update the client. 

msaprilcruzate
5 of 10

Thank you Petra, I will just inform my client again about the status of our contract. 

96bc9105
Sudip K Member Since: Feb 24, 2021
6 of 10

A fixed-price contract with my client got suspended days ago. Today I tried to reach her to ask what was wrong and what I should do? She replied that she didn't know what was wrong and was talking to customer support. She also said she can release payment anyway and so she did before I did her work. Later when I searched the problem I found her work was flagged for violating upwork terms. We aren't supposed to write product reviews in Upwork ( her project was to try her udemy course ). I didn't know it initially. The good thing is I haven't touched her project since it got suspended. I haven't tried her udemy course and haven't reviewed it as well. I haven't literally done anything from the time the contract got suspended. I don't want to break community rules on such projects. I just ended her contract and told her that I will work with her project once the suspension gets uplifted. I  can release her payment (5$) too. What should I do next? Can you help?

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
7 of 10

Sudip K wrote:

I just ended her contract and told her that I will work with her project once the suspension gets uplifted. I  can release her payment (5$) too. What should I do next? Can you help?

You already know that being paid to write reviews is against the rules, so you shouldn't have told the client that you were still willing to work with her. You already did the right thing (refused to start working on a suspended contract/closed the contract once you found out that it was against the rules). So now you should forget about doing this project and look for legitimate projects to bid on instead.

96bc9105
8 of 10

Like I said I didn't know working on such projects was illegal initially. And when I looked at the FAQs today, I knew I should have rejected it earlier.   Regardless, I haven't worked for her at all since the suspension, and today when   I  tried to discuss it more with her she immediately released the payment without me submitting the work. I don't want to break the community guidelines and now I don't know what to do.  I am afraid of getting into trouble.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 10

Sudip K wrote:

Like I said I didn't know working on such projects was illegal initially. And when I looked at the FAQs today, I knew I should have rejected it earlier.

I don't understand how people don't see how leaving false reviews is completely unacceptable and morally wrong without having to be told so through rules...

Sudip K wrote:

I don't know what to do.

Simply refund the money and move on.

96bc9105
10 of 10

Sorry, but I am new to Upwork and still learning how freelancing and Upwork work in general. That was one of my first projects but now I have a good number of clients with whom I am trying to build a good relationship. I don't want to lose them. Sorry if I wasted your time. I am no pro like you guys, I am just a confused student who is looking to build a good career in freelancing. I will release the funds and move on.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS