🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspended Contract
Page options
blackpearl22
Community Member

Suspended Contract

I got a notification saying my contract is temporarily suspended. How long does it take to be reactivated? I've contacted my employer about this because he's assigning me to a new project and a new milestone.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Alexie M wrote:

1) I got a notification saying my contract is temporarily suspended.

2)How long does it take to be reactivated? 

3) I've contacted my employer about this because he's assigning me to a new project and a new milestone.

1) Chances are the client failed to pay on Monday.....

2) Until the client has resolved whatever issues he has. The quicker he does this the faster it will be resolved.

3) CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the client has issues and tries to hire you from a different account do NOT accept because you likely won't be paid. The client has to sort out his issues then your contract will resume. DO NOT WORK UNTIL THAT HAS HAPPENED!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
tinker_bell3

Hi Alexie,

Someone from our team has already reached out to you. You can check the ticket here. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

I can't see the ticket you mentioned. The latest request there is for my account being flagged for a policy violation and it's already resolved though, the status is still open.

Hi Alexie,

I apologize for the confusion. As soon as your client resolves the issue on their end, your contract with them will be resumed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

@Alexie M wrote:

1) I got a notification saying my contract is temporarily suspended.

2)How long does it take to be reactivated? 

3) I've contacted my employer about this because he's assigning me to a new project and a new milestone.

1) Chances are the client failed to pay on Monday.....

2) Until the client has resolved whatever issues he has. The quicker he does this the faster it will be resolved.

3) CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the client has issues and tries to hire you from a different account do NOT accept because you likely won't be paid. The client has to sort out his issues then your contract will resume. DO NOT WORK UNTIL THAT HAS HAPPENED!

Hi everyone,
I have a suspended contract too. Contacted the client they said they have payment issues. Surely I have stopped working on the project, though the client is great to work with. Just wondering if it anyhow affects  my already not so high JSS, because in that case, I could ask to close the contract and open it whenever they are able to pay.
Thanks in advance!

Hi Hasmik,
Your JSS won't be affected yet unless the client will end the contract and leaves a feedback. Please check this link for more information about JSS.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Thanks Jo-An)
181f6f97
Community Member

What do you think of this screenshot?

Should I move to his colleague's account in this case?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

**Edited for community guidelines**

petra_r
Community Member

@Patrick F wrote:

What do you think of this screenshot?

Should I move to his colleague's account in this case?

If your client's account is on hold: Absolutely not.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jan 31
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths