cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended Contracts

daditgirl27
Rodette Wendell M Member Since: Jun 18, 2017
1 of 3

My contract with one client has been suspended twice already. Could there be any reason why? I've tried talking with the client about this but I guess he has no idea why his accounts are being shutdown? Should I be suspicious now that our contracts has been suspended twice?

I was just about to start working with him but everytime I try to start my tracker, it appears that our contract was suspended. Should I still continue the contract or not?

Thank you. Smiley Happy

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
2 of 3

Rodette - Should I still continue the contract or not?  NO...... Not until you get confirmation from Upwork that everything is ok. Do not start work no matter what the client may say, promise or try to convience you with until you hear DIRECTLY from Upwork yourself. Otherwise, the client will get the work, and you will not get paid.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 3

@Rodette Wendell M wrote:

1) My contract with one client has been suspended twice already. Could there be any reason why?

2) I've tried talking with the client about this but I guess he has no idea why his accounts are being shutdown?

3) Should I be suspicious now that our contracts has been suspended twice?

4) I was just about to start working with him but everytime I try to start my tracker, it appears that our contract was suspended. Should I still continue the contract or not?

1) Yes, there will be a reason why the contract gets suspended, that reason is almost certainly connected to an issue with your client's payment method.

2) The client will have been told by Upwork why their account has been suspended, and what they have to do to fix it. What do you mean by "his accounts are being shut down??" - Has the client hired you from more than one account? If that is the case then that is a very serious issue and would likely hint at a scammer.

3) I don't know whether you should be "suspicious" but you CERTAINLY should not work while it is suspended. If the client hired you from more than one account get in touch with Support and report it.

4) Do not work while the contract is suspended

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS